A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ilec SN10

Old September 15th 12, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K
external usenet poster

Default Ilec SN10

Anyone using an ILEC SN10 with a Volkslogger. I just got this and am trying to make heads or tails out of it. I had some old Cambridge equipment in my former plane that I could no longer hook to a computer but my Oudie talked to it just fine and it worked well. Now it looks I will have to bring a laptop to the field and I have to find something called Strepla and operate my computer in MSDOS to make changes to the SN10 database. Another irritating thing is that the paper manual that I have mentions dozens upon dozens of set up pages but it does not mention how to get to any of these. Two questions; First, is there a forum on these things (Could not find one off of Google). Second, The ILEC seemed to be popular to me at first but is this thing just obsolete.
Thanks
Old September 15th 12, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K
external usenet poster

Default Ilec SN10

On Friday, September 14, 2012 7:33:34 PM UTC-6, K wrote:
Anyone using an ILEC SN10 with a Volkslogger. I just got this and am trying to make heads or tails out of it. I had some old Cambridge equipment in my former plane that I could no longer hook to a computer but my Oudie talked to it just fine and it worked well. Now it looks I will have to bring a laptop to the field and I have to find something called Strepla and operate my computer in MSDOS to make changes to the SN10 database. Another irritating thing is that the paper manual that I have mentions dozens upon dozens of set up pages but it does not mention how to get to any of these. Two questions; First, is there a forum on these things (Could not find one off of Google). Second, The ILEC seemed to be popular to me at first but is this thing just obsolete.

Thanks

Addendum; I do know there is SN10B that is currently in production (I think). When I try to load the demo video from the ILEC site it tells me it is not compatible with the version of windows I am running (?? I have W 7 like everyone else). I did find out what StrePla is but it does me no good, I am a See You customer.