Another International Adventure!!!!!

Old November 4th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Another International Adventure!!!!!

Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

I was really wanting to bounce my poor lonely Cessna 150 off the runway a
few times but the weather here has been just awful. I really wanted to enjoy
some VFR flying but no joy she can sit on the ramp for a little longer she
may end up rotting away just sitting there lets hope not!

I will post my route maybe I will cross paths with a few of you along the
way if your at any of my stops.

Here is the link to a VFR plot with flitestar I always file IFR if aircraft
is equipped but this will give you all a round about routing less all the
IFR stuff that clutters up the Screen.

http://flitestar.aircraftdelivery.net/ksjt-mnmg.jpg

About a 200K file 1024 X 768

I will update my acutal routing!!!!

Old November 4th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman 236

NW_Pilot wrote:
Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

OK, NW_Pilot, I want to be you when I grow up. Unfortunately, I'm 56
already. I envy your spirit of adventure.

Do you speak the languages of the countries you fly to/over? If not,
how much hassle is it to make arrangements and deal with the issues
that frequently occur when flying (mechanical issues, fuel availability
problems, sudden illness like food poisoning)? How about dealing with
law enforcement and government functionaries? I know they can sometimes
be arrogant and power-crazy in some of latin american countries (well,
I guess in this country, too, sometimes...). Have you had any dangerous
encounters?

Old November 4th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Yeah... all that Grumman said plus how much cash of US and local currency do
you carry with you for smoothing out problems along the way?
Jim

"Grumman 236" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old November 4th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article .com,
"Grumman 236" wrote:

NW_Pilot wrote:
Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

OK, NW_Pilot, I want to be you when I grow up. Unfortunately, I'm 56
already. I envy your spirit of adventure.

Do you speak the languages of the countries you fly to/over? If not,
how much hassle is it to make arrangements and deal with the issues
that frequently occur when flying (mechanical issues, fuel availability
problems, sudden illness like food poisoning)? How about dealing with
law enforcement and government functionaries? I know they can sometimes
be arrogant and power-crazy in some of latin american countries (well,
I guess in this country, too, sometimes...). Have you had any dangerous
encounters?

The above are taken care of by "handlers". There are a couple of
companies in the United States that, for a fee, will take care of all
the arrangements you would require for such a trip. Many corporate
flight departments routinely contract for these services when their
aircraft travel outside the United States.
Universal is one such company...

http://www.universalweather.com/
Old November 4th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

NW_Pilot wrote:
Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

OK, NW_Pilot, I want to be you when I grow up. Unfortunately, I'm 56
already. I envy your spirit of adventure.

Do you speak the languages of the countries you fly to/over? If not,
how much hassle is it to make arrangements and deal with the issues
that frequently occur when flying (mechanical issues, fuel availability
problems, sudden illness like food poisoning)? How about dealing with
law enforcement and government functionaries? I know they can sometimes
be arrogant and power-crazy in some of latin american countries (well,
I guess in this country, too, sometimes...). Have you had any dangerous
encounters?

US dollars only in copious quantites will make everything you want
everything happen.
Old November 4th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

NW_Pilot wrote:
Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

OK, NW_Pilot, I want to be you when I grow up. Unfortunately, I'm 56
already. I envy your spirit of adventure.

Do you speak the languages of the countries you fly to/over? If not,
how much hassle is it to make arrangements and deal with the issues
that frequently occur when flying (mechanical issues, fuel availability
problems, sudden illness like food poisoning)? How about dealing with
law enforcement and government functionaries? I know they can sometimes
be arrogant and power-crazy in some of latin american countries (well,
I guess in this country, too, sometimes...). Have you had any dangerous
encounters?

Read the article in the latest AOPA Pilot, they have a ferry flight in a
Caravan to Guatemala (I think) in there. Pretty much covers everything, very
cool.

DW

Old November 4th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Grumman 236" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

Hey David... Nice to see another Cheetah owner on the newsgroup...

--
http://grumman581.googlepages.com
N581 -- AA5A -- AXH

Old November 4th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"john smith" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Grumman 236" wrote:

NW_Pilot wrote:
[...]

If you notice the routing I will be in Mexico depart Tapachula, MEX stay on
A317 Airway to Managua where the customer will have a boned hanger waiting.
Should be a really nice flight.

Old November 4th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

NW_Pilot wrote:
Well all I am going to try and enjoy my last few days of rest before
Ferrying a bird to Managua, Nicaragua will try and post some photos yea
should be lots of VFR and lots of land to take photos this time.

OK, NW_Pilot, I want to be you when I grow up. Unfortunately, I'm 56
already. I envy your spirit of adventure.

Do you speak the languages of the countries you fly to/over? If not,
how much hassle is it to make arrangements and deal with the issues
that frequently occur when flying (mechanical issues, fuel availability
problems, sudden illness like food poisoning)? How about dealing with
law enforcement and government functionaries? I know they can sometimes
be arrogant and power-crazy in some of latin american countries (well,
I guess in this country, too, sometimes...). Have you had any dangerous
encounters?

I no I do not speak the languages of the countries I fly to/over most have
really good English some places that have heavy accents and should not be
speaking English we just tell them to spell it using phonetics and usually
works out well. It is usually not much a of a hassle to deal with mechanical
issues or fuel availability problems if you use good flight planning tools
or a handler. However sudden illness like food poisoning I have not dealt
with I try and eat places that look clean and if in doubt I will find
something that is packaged. Nope no dangerous encounters and hope that there
never is