Combo Deals -- Do they work?

Old September 26th 05, 10:17 PM
Chris G.

I did...then I woke up next to my wife.... :O

I will have to look closer at his site for them. I was at work last
time I looked (wait...that's where I am now!) and didn't have much time.

Chris

Jim Burns wrote:
Good God, man, I've already got 15 hot tub suites! How many can one
guy use????

:-)
--
Jay Honeck

Imagine them all filled with beautiful women and then ask yourself that
question again! )
Jim

Old September 26th 05, 10:28 PM
john smith

Good God, man, I've already got 15 hot tub suites! How many can one
guy use????

Imagine them all filled with beautiful women and then ask yourself that
question again! )

If they are all full, why would you need more?
You should have said, "Imagine them all filled, with dozens more waiting
their turn."
Old September 27th 05, 12:16 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

Just thinking out loud here... What to do, what to do...?

The main thing to do is to keep your profession separated from your hobby, at
least far enough to not jeopardize your income.

George Patterson
Old September 27th 05, 12:46 PM
Jay Honeck

A thought...what about adding your own opinions of some places you, your
wife, and your kids like to go to?

How's this, from the site:

http://alexisparkinn.com/recent_events.htm

This page started off being just events held at the inn, but has evolved
into events we've been to near and around the inn, too. It's not quite
what you asked for, but it contains many of the same types of things!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 27th 05, 12:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Just thinking out loud here... What to do, what to do...?

The main thing to do is to keep your profession separated from your hobby,
at least far enough to not jeopardize your income.

Eh? Better expand on that one a bit, George.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 27th 05, 12:49 PM
Jay Honeck

Just read an article in the current issue of Private Pilot about a "annual
inspection parties." Take a look at it.

Cool idea!

I wonder how many people would actually be able to take a week off work to
get their hands dirty, though?

I do an "owner assisted" annual every year (and really enjoy it) -- but I'm
only able to steal a day or two -- and not the entire day, usually -- to do
it. And I've got about as flexible a schedule as you can imagine.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 27th 05, 02:53 PM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

Eh? Better expand on that one a bit, George.

Well, for example, you point out that you're pretty busy during the summer and
that it would be difficult to set up some sort of special deal for pilots for a
variety of reasons. So, don't.

Don't subvert your business to your hobby if it's going to substantially
decrease your income.

George Patterson
Old September 27th 05, 03:15 PM
Marco Leon

You'd probably have a better chance to get this off the ground with owners
that are a bit let's say..."fanatical" about their aircraft type. That
article had Navion owners but others may include owners of Grumman
Tiger/Cheetah/Travelers, warbird-types (L-19s come to mind), Commanders,
Ercoupes, and Bellanca Vikings. In other words, close communities of
relatively uncommon or rare types. Call some of the clubs or associations of
these birds and run the idea by them. Who knows, they may even have one of
these "parties" as a regular occurrence and are looking for a change of
venue.

Actually, you should call these clubs anyway and work out any type of
get-together. You know, offer a reduced rate and stuff as an incentive.

Marco Leon

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 27th 05, 09:39 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, for example, you point out that you're pretty busy during the summer and
that it would be difficult to set up some sort of special deal for pilots for a
variety of reasons. So, don't.

Don't subvert your business to your hobby if it's going to substantially
decrease your income.

Ah, right.

That's the rub, though, isn't it? I'm not doing this to get rich, I'm
doing this because it's fun! This past summer we had 16 weddings at
the inn (well, the weddings were at the church, but you know what I
mean), which was wonderful -- we were full all the time.

But, you know what? We had to turn away pilots on quite a few
weekends. Since the pleasure I derive from this business is not
monetary, but rather the fun of hanging around hangar flying with
pilots all day long, what the hell did I gain?

On the other hand, that income enabled us to add a new workout room and
an in-house massage therapist -- so I guess it's all good. But I'd
personally rather do more pilot-oriented stuff.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 27th 05, 10:27 PM
Bob Noel

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[snip]
On the other hand, that income enabled us to add a new workout room and
an in-house massage therapist -- so I guess it's all good. But I'd
personally rather do more pilot-oriented stuff.

Next time, use the income to add a room that is only available to pilots.
No exceptions, no excuses. Pilots only. (maybe two rooms, one
smoking, one non-smoking)

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule