WX block and seal question

Old December 1st 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default WX block and seal question

Is the stuff in the #2 WX block supposed to be a runny liquid? I was
expecting something a little more like the seal material.............I
almost poured the whole damn bottle on the top of my wing!

Brad
Old December 1st 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

On Nov 30, 7:10*pm, Brad wrote:
Is the stuff in the #2 WX block supposed to be a runny liquid? I was
expecting something a little more like the seal material.............I
almost poured the whole damn bottle on the top of my wing!

Brad

Both are runny liquids and work very well.
Old December 1st 11, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Nov 30, 7:10*pm, Brad wrote:
Is the stuff in the #2 WX block supposed to be a runny liquid? I was
expecting something a little more like the seal material.............I
almost poured the whole damn bottle on the top of my wing!

Brad

In my experience the first applied is much more viscous than the
second applied.

Andy
Old December 1st 11, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Dec 1, 7:53*am, Andy wrote:
On Nov 30, 7:10*pm, Brad wrote:

Is the stuff in the #2 WX block supposed to be a runny liquid? I was
expecting something a little more like the seal material.............I
almost poured the whole damn bottle on the top of my wing!

Brad

In my experience the first applied is much more viscous than the
second applied.

Andy

Shake before use!

Mike
Old December 1st 11, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Brad,

Just did my wings this weekend (it was a balmy 76 or so in Phoenix).

Shake both vigorously before use, obviously.

The WxSeal (#1) is white and thick, almost chalky. Takes a good towel
to get off - let really dry and it's pretty easy.

WxBlock (#2) is tan and creamy. Goes on easy, let dry, comes off real
easy. Clean towel, turn often.

Be careful after you do the bottom of the fuselage - it will move on
the dolly really easy!

Kirk

Old December 1st 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Dec 1, 8:27*am, "kirk.stant" wrote:
Brad,

Just did my wings this weekend (it was a balmy 76 or so in Phoenix).

Shake both vigorously before use, obviously.

The WxSeal (#1) is white and thick, almost chalky. *Takes a good towel
to get off - let really dry and it's pretty easy.

WxBlock (#2) is tan and creamy. *Goes on easy, let dry, comes off real
easy. *Clean towel, turn often.

Be careful after you do the bottom of the fuselage - it will move on
the dolly really easy!

Kirk

thanks everyone for the info. I noticed that the WxSeal was thick and
chalky, and was surprised that the WxBlock was not and was alarmed by
it pouring out of the container faster than I expected! the directions
say to pour lines of it on the surface and spread
around.....................this approach resulted in those lines
streaming off the back of my flaperons!

can't argue with the results tho..............second coat of Block
goes on today.

Brad
Old December 1st 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

yes just shake it up good before using it..and most important this time of
year, DON'T LEAVE EITHER BOTTLE IN THE TRAILER OR HANGAR IF IT GETS COLD
ENOUGH TO FREEZE.....Once frozen it's pretty much a throw away....
Best Regards
Tim Mara
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

database 6676 (20111201) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6676 (20111201) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old December 1st 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Tim, how about suggesting to the manufacturer of WxBlock/Seal to add a
dispenser cap to the bottles - something like a catsup or mustard
dispenser tip would allow those "lines" to be spread a lot less
wastefully!

Kirk
66
Old December 1st 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

maybe next time.......would have to be something that would stay closed for
shipping and as we all know UPS and FedEx aren't always kind to boxes. I
have to order a pretty large quantity to get this and still have about 40
cases here.....it's popular stuff and I ship orders of this out practically
daily but still takes a while between orders.......I'll ask next time
tim

Old December 2nd 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"kirk.stant" wrote in message

Tim, how about suggesting to the manufacturer of WxBlock/Seal to add a
dispenser cap to the bottles - something like a catsup or mustard
dispenser tip would allow those "lines" to be spread a lot less
wastefully!

Kirk
66

signature database 6676 (20111201) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6676 (20111201) __________

http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

I usually use an empty and rinsed out dish detergent bottle, but a
couple years ago I found some not-so-wonderful mustard in a really
great bottle on sale for something like 49 cents. I bought a couple,
and dumped the mustard.