XC soar not logging igc file

Old May 16th 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default XC soar not logging igc file

last 2 flights I've had with the latest version of XC Soar (runs on
the memory card) have not been logged properly for some reason. When I
try to upload to OLC it says it is an invalid file.

Also am not able to replay the file on the PDA using the flight replay
function. The file extension is not showing up as a .igc file!

Any ideas for what the problem may be!!!

Luckily I did set my GPS to log todays flight and that was able to be
converted and uploaded.

Thanks,
Brad
Old May 16th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Roche-Kelly

Brad

have you turned the logger on in the setup menu?

Best wishes

JohnR-K

Old May 16th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On May 16, 7:00*am, John Roche-Kelly
wrote:
Brad

have you turned the logger on in the setup menu?

Best wishes

JohnR-K

Hi John,

I found the reason why: in the setup menu for the logger config I
changed the logger I.D. from the original (default) BLANK setting to
my call sign which is AK. I went thru and check all my logged flights
up to when I was having problems and noticed the .igc name had changed
so I figured that must be the problem, and it was.

Now, the other issue I am dealing with is getting the program to save
the changes I make to a custom named profile. For some reason none of
the changes seem to hold when I restart the program and select
my_profile.prf

Cheers,
Brad
Old May 17th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Brad,

The place to ask these questions is the xcsoar-user mailing list,
he
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...fo/xcsoar-user
Old May 17th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On May 16, 8:16*pm, wrote:
Hi Brad,

The place to ask these questions is the xcsoar-user mailing list,
hehttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...fo/xcsoar-user

ah, very good...............thanks for the link!

Brad

XC-Soar [email protected] Soaring 4 January 26th 09 04:06 PM
Get out of the Cold and SOAR! Mike Schumann Soaring 4 January 22nd 09 06:03 AM
XC Soar and iPaq 310? Brad[_2_] Soaring 4 November 19th 08 12:30 PM
why do you soar? Mark James Boyd Soaring 27 October 21st 03 07:48 PM
adrenaline, was why do you soar? Robert Ehrlich Soaring 6 October 13th 03 09:08 PM