Schempp-Hirth Font Face

Old June 1st 17, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Schempp-Hirth Font Face

Hi Kevin,
I can't see your e-mail, so that, I can't send an e-mail to you.
I need Ventus font in vector file. Can you send it to me?
Thanks, Nicolás
Old June 1st 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 7:44:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi Kevin,
I can't see your e-mail, so that, I can't send an e-mail to you.
I need Ventus font in vector file. Can you send it to me?
Thanks, Nicolás

Hi Nicolas,

I went through my e-mail and unfortunately gmail appears to have killed the attachment at some point. It came from Bob K. I've pinged him privately regarding your post.

2C
Old June 2nd 17, 07:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 10:26:33 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

TIA

2c

When modelling these planes, we usually find a hires picture and trace it in Photoshop.

If anyone has a font for this it would be better and save time. Please let me have a copy

www.condorsoaring.com
Old July 16th 17, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello! could you send me the drawings. I also need a "ventus" font stile. Thank you!!!
Old July 16th 17, 10:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

jajaja estaba buscando lo mismo nico y encontre este comentario tuyo en internet.....como va eso?? lo conseguiste??? me lo pasas? gracias!!! abrazo grande!
Old January 2nd 21, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Me

On Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 2:25:56 PM UTC-7, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Apr 1, 1:26 pm, "
wrote:
Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

You mean like at the top of this document?
http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...2cxMPros04.pdf
It looks to be done by hand, not with an established typeface that
embodies every letter of the alphabet. I decomposed the .pdf file and
found that that lettering is done with individual curves, not with a
font or typeface.
If what you want to do is put the word "Discus" or "Ventus" on a
document or on graphics that you stick onto your trailer, that's
pretty easy. All you need to do is open the .pdf in Illustrator (or
similar), group the strokes that form the word, scale the group to the
desired size, and then use it as you wish.
If what you want to do is create graphic lettering of that style but
with different words and characters, you pretty much have to do that
by hand in Illustrator (or similar). I suppose that there might be an
established font for that, but I've never encountered it in any
publishing app I've yet used.
Thanks, Bob K.

Ok, anyone have this in a format (vector?) I can take to my graphics shop and get a stencil made? I'm refinishing my fuselage and would really like to get the old "Ventus" back on there as original. I really like the lettering.
Old January 4th 21, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Gough

Here it is in SVG format https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7C...ew?usp=sharing
Old January 4th 21, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Me

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 10:22:13 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Ok, anyone have this in a format (vector?) I can take to my graphics shop and get a stencil made? I'm refinishing my fuselage and would really like to get the old "Ventus" back on there as original. I really like the lettering.

Here it is in SVG format https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7C...ew?usp=sharing

Hey thanks so much!
Old January 5th 21, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Schempp-Hirth Font Face & Vinyl Cutting

As a bit of an aside about making vinyl graphics for gliders. When I purchased a "new" glider a few years back I needed to change contest IDs. The cost from a local print shop was going to be expensive and I knew my own predilections would mean I would not quite like the first pass of the work (wrong color, wrong font, application screw ups, etc, etc, etc) and this extra work could add up in a hurry.

So I purchased a used hobbyist's vinyl cutter (Silhouette Cameo) on eBay for $100. Best decision I could have made. Easy to use. Good software. Short learning curve. Capacity 12 inches by 15 FEET! I haven't tried the Cricut brand but it seems just about the same. High quality supplies are cheap and quickly shipped in a multiplicity of colors from Amazon - been on my trailer for years now without any issues.

What I found is that I could easily remake and redesign graphics quickly. Fonts galore. You can curve text around a shape. You can create your own designs with the software's CAD like program (I made a glider head on profile for the back window of my airport vehicle). The ability to import graphics from a different CAD program or grabbed off the web (B/W is easiest) then stretch and contort, enlarge and shrink, to you heart's desire. I have taken pictures of worn out graphics on the sides of trailers and remade those. I was able to recreate the U shaped attachments for aileron and rudder horn covers.

12" may not seem very big but it is and works for nearly everything you might need. For the larger IDs on the bottom of your wing just print the text sideways and use the 15 foot capability. Beyond that I found myself making graphics for our club's ships - N numbers and such. The "new" towplane needed lots of "No Step" and "No Push" labeling.

What you cannot do is make multi-color graphics like what you might see wrapped on cars and trucks. The most you can do is overlay one color onto another to highlight the top layer.

My $0.02.

Enjoy, John OHM

FS: Schempp-Hirth Discus A Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 19th 06 02:16 PM
Schempp-Hirth Mel Dawson Soaring 0 February 15th 06 04:08 PM
Schempp-Hirth customer service Bill Daniels Soaring 0 October 16th 03 10:11 PM
Schempp Hirth or its Representatives... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 11 September 23rd 03 09:28 AM
Excellent follow-up by Schempp-Hirth! ventus2ct (Ruud Holswilder) Soaring 2 August 9th 03 09:19 PM