Irma and TCSC

Old September 9th 17, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Citrus Soaring

Default Irma and TCSC

We are 20+ miles inland at Pierson and 70ft above sea level.

I know treasure coast is closer to the coast but don't know the details.
Old September 9th 17, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Treasure Coast Soaring Club's hangar at X52 is 25'msl and about 12 miles inland. Wind beating on the old hangar is more of a concern than flooding.

Paul A.
Old September 11th 17, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

So, how did everything fair?

Boggs
Old September 11th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We did very well, no problems and all gliders are safe and sound. All planes at FD25 are in great condition and no hangar damage. We worked hard to secure all aircraft and and brace the hangar doors from the wind damage. X52 will be closed all week because of water damage to the area. Bob
Old September 12th 17, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Well how about the rest of the glider operations down in Florida? Any damage? Please tell us how well your preparations held up.

Boggs
Old September 13th 17, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Citrus Soaring

Both commercial operations in central Florida are fine. All of our fleet with Citrus Soaring is okay. Our airport will be closed this week to allow the runway to dry. Should resume operations next week.

Seminole Lake's fleet is also okay.

Sounds like all clubs in Florida are also okay. I spoke with zephyrhills and they are okay. Jacksonville and treasure coast posted on fb that all is okay.

Franklin Burbank
Old September 13th 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Citrus Soaring

Both commercial operations in central Florida are okay. All of our aircraft with Citrus Soaring are okay. Seminole Lake is also okay.

I talked to the Tampa bay soaring club in zephyrhills and they are okay.

Eagle sport aviation club shares our home in Pierson and their aircraft are okay.

Franklin Burbank

Old September 13th 17, 12:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great

Glad you all came though ok.

JP