Inreach not working with glideport.aero

Old September 15th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Default Inreach not working with glideport.aero

My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
glideport.aero.

I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.

I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
website and see them on the map.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks, Joe
Old September 15th 15, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:02:19 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
glideport.aero.

I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.

I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
website and see them on the map.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks, Joe

My SPOT - same thing. I re-registered at glideport and all is good now.
Old September 15th 15, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Thanks Dan, did you have to delete your existing account first?
Old September 16th 15, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 4:30:28 PM UTC-6, joesimmers wrote:
Thanks Dan, did you have to delete your existing account first?

You shouldn't have to delete your account.

Login to GlidePort, goto "Settings" "Tracking". Check to see if your inReach device is listed on that page. If not, add it. You could delete all entries and add your inreach URL again to be sure.

DISCLOSURE : I have never used inReach with GlidePort, only my IGCDroid app, but it should work the same.

Alan
Old September 17th 15, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well, this is really weird... On the day of the dust devil dash, my inReach did not show up on glideport.aero, so my wife ended up using my APRS. The delorme website sux on an iPhone, so she didn't even try there.

At the end of the day, I confirmed that my track was not on glideport. After seeing this thread, I logged in and whaddayaknow, there was a link to my Mountain Valley flight on the 12th. I click on it and now see it on the map with the other tracked flights on that day. Guess I need to ping Pedja about this.

And wow! It shows me getting up to 22,000'!! Looking at my IGC file for that time, I'm only at 14K.

5Z
Old September 17th 15, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

I reentered my mapshare link in the "tracking" of the glideport website.

There was no change to it, I entered exact same info that I first deleted.

That has fixed it, does not make sense why since there was no change, Just
posting this to help anyone else with same issues!
Old September 17th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:02:19 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
My inreach has been working for the past year just fine displaying my trace onto
glideport.aero.

I noticed about a month ago my traces are no longer showing up on there.

I know my inreach is sending out tracks I can logon to the
website and see them on the map.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks, Joe

I had a day a few weeks back that I flew and my wife couldn't track me using the direct link to my Delorme map share page. So there may have been an issue(s) with the Delorme side of the equation. After refreshing the browser page after I got home it came right up.

GlidePort Flight Visualization [email protected] Soaring 0 July 7th 14 02:54 AM
GlidePort World-Wide Pedja Soaring 7 May 8th 13 07:16 PM
Private Aero L-39C Albatros everyone in cockpit working hard Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 November 26th 07 06:15 PM