IPQA, PS, Moving Map

Old December 12th 03, 05:22 PM
ruediger

Default IPQA, PS, Moving Map

Hi,

i got an offer for buying a used IPAQ3650, with GPS and Software
GPS-LOG (http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com/...leprograms.htm).
Does anyone have experience with this combination, does it work.

I want to use it in good old Germany just to help me with naviagtion
while flying just for fun. Our Problem here is the restricted
airspace. I have no interest in competition, so i dont need the
function of a logger.

Thanks for any answer.
Ruediger
Old December 13th 03, 02:50 AM
Walter Kronester

I am using 'GPSLog WinCE' with a Dell Axim Adv. The Program is free, but you
have to create your own maps (or select one of the available maps). So you
will have to learn a little bit about how theese maps are organized.
GPSLog WinCE is easy to use inflight, it propably has all features you need,
and there are Windows programs for normal PCs, which can be used for
evaluation and training on your home PC.
So it is really worth to try this program!
You need a GPS receiver with a NMEA output and a (fitting) cable.
I would not spend too much money for a used IPAQ.
Before you spend a lot of money for other gliding software it is a very good
idea to try Henryk Birecki's programs.
Anyhow: never use a system inflight, if you are not very well trained to use
it perfectly. The best way to learn is to fly in the back seat of a twin
glider and try how to use it!
Best regards
Walter

Navzilla Moving Map Software for iPAQs and Laptops Navzilla Team Piloting 1 May 22nd 04 10:10 PM
Navzilla Moving Map Software for iPAQs and Laptops Navzilla Team Aviation Marketplace 0 May 20th 04 03:01 AM
Moving Map on IPAQ Bob Simulators 0 March 25th 04 09:30 PM
Engine moving day... Gene Z. Ragan Home Built 2 March 16th 04 01:26 AM
FS: GPS - Handheld II Morrow - Apollo 920 Moving Map NRH, Texas Aviation Marketplace 0 January 6th 04 05:38 PM