An Olive Branch

Old November 5th 04, 12:18 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
That bothered me a lot, too, until I spoke with a guy I know who was
involved with security for the presidential visits to Iowa.

He explained that the security issues surrounding the president -- and the
untold number of threats against him -- meant that the Secret Service
required that he be kept away from impromptu, unknown crowds as much as
possible.

That's no excuse. Having grown up in the Maryland suburbs of DC, I've
always been "aware" of Presidential security. They were feeding you a
lie. It was a disgusting tactic for a political rally.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old November 5th 04, 01:04 PM
Jay Honeck

That's no excuse. Having grown up in the Maryland suburbs of DC, I've
always been "aware" of Presidential security. They were feeding you a
lie. It was a disgusting tactic for a political rally.

Well, now, do I think that a political party is above using a "security
excuse" provided to them by the Secret Service to make sure that they have a
positive event?

Nope.

I'm shocked...SHOCKED, that there are politics going on here!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 5th 04, 01:26 PM
Corky Scott

On 4 Nov 2004 23:57:47 -0600, Andrew Sarangan
wrote:

Despite all our greatness, we too can make mistakes.
What separates the men from the boys is the ability to admit when a mistake
is made, and take steps to fix it.

Mistakes? The current government makes mistakes? Like what? They
have not admitted any, have they?

Corky Scott

Old November 5th 04, 02:05 PM
alexy

wrote:

Despite all our greatness, we too can make mistakes.
What separates the men from the boys is the ability to admit when a mistake
is made, and take steps to fix it.

Mistakes? The current government makes mistakes? Like what? They
have not admitted any, have they?

Corky Scott

Three letters: W M D
Old November 5th 04, 02:37 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
That bothered me a lot, too, until I spoke with a guy I know who was
involved with security for the presidential visits to Iowa.

He explained that the security issues surrounding the president -- and

the
untold number of threats against him -- meant that the Secret Service
required that he be kept away from impromptu, unknown crowds as much as
possible.

That's no excuse. Having grown up in the Maryland suburbs of DC, I've
always been "aware" of Presidential security.

It was a very different situation then. After the two attacks on Ford,
Reagan in 1981 and the occurances during Clinton's term (the airplane and
the guy with the SKS) they HAVE to be more careful.

And you're full of ****.

Old November 5th 04, 03:25 PM
Jay Masino

Matt Barrow wrote:
They were feeding you a
lie. It was a disgusting tactic for a political rally.

And you're full of ****.

Nice come back.

--
__!__
Old November 5th 04, 06:00 PM
Corky Scott

wrote:

Despite all our greatness, we too can make mistakes.
What separates the men from the boys is the ability to admit when a mistake
is made, and take steps to fix it.

Mistakes? The current government makes mistakes? Like what? They
have not admitted any, have they?

Corky Scott

Three letters: W M D

Ok, you and I know that, but has Bush said the intelligence regarding
the existence of WMD's was mistaken? Out loud or in print?

After all, we invaded a country and lots of people are dead...

Corky (he has to say it) Scott
Old November 5th 04, 07:29 PM
alexy

wrote:

Despite all our greatness, we too can make mistakes.
What separates the men from the boys is the ability to admit when a mistake
is made, and take steps to fix it.

Mistakes? The current government makes mistakes? Like what? They
have not admitted any, have they?

Corky Scott

Three letters: W M D

Ok, you and I know that, but has Bush said the intelligence regarding
the existence of WMD's was mistaken? Out loud or in print?

does supporting (under duress) the formation of a bipartisan
commission to look into intelligence failures count?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/fe...pons_2-02.html