aktywni polscy szybownicy w PA/NJ ?!

Old March 15th 04, 01:19 AM
Ch. Bigalke

Default aktywni polscy szybownicy w PA/NJ ?!

Czy znajdzie sie ktos aktywnie latajacy z Polski w Pennsylwanii albo
New Jersey ? Moim "macierzystym lotniskiem" w Polsce byl Torun (A.
Pomorski 1968-1993, '68 to rok moich urodzin ;-))- praktycznie
wychowalem sie w kwadracie, w hangarach i na bieganiu ze szkrzydlami.

krzysztof b.
Old March 15th 04, 03:48 AM
Chris

Ch. Bigalke wrote:
Czy znajdzie sie ktos aktywnie latajacy z Polski w Pennsylwanii albo
New Jersey ? Moim "macierzystym lotniskiem" w Polsce byl Torun (A.
Pomorski 1968-1993, '68 to rok moich urodzin ;-))- praktycznie
wychowalem sie w kwadracie, w hangarach i na bieganiu ze szkrzydlami.

krzysztof b.

I would not be surprized if more than one (you) Polish speaking person
reads this newsgroup but your chance for an answer increases
dramatically if you pose your question in English.

Cheers
Chris

Old March 21st 04, 12:48 PM
bambuko

Czy znajdzie sie ktos aktywnie latajacy z Polski w Pennsylwanii albo
New Jersey ? Moim "macierzystym lotniskiem" w Polsce byl Torun (A.
Pomorski 1968-1993, '68 to rok moich urodzin ;-))- praktycznie
wychowalem sie w kwadracie, w hangarach i na bieganiu ze szkrzydlami.

krzysztof b.

I would not be surprized if more than one (you) Polish speaking person
reads this newsgroup but your chance for an answer increases
dramatically if you pose your question in English.

Cheers
Chris

Well quite few of us are bi-lingual or even multi-lingual ...
unfortunately probably not in US :-)
I am in UK
rgrds Chris
Old March 22nd 04, 08:53 AM
Dave Martin

At 23:54 21 March 2004, G.Kurek wrote:
(bambuko) wrote in message
Czy znajdzie sie ktos aktywnie latajacy z Polski
w Pennsylwanii albo
New Jersey ? Moim 'macierzystym lotniskiem' w Polsce
byl Torun (A.
Pomorski 1968-1993, '68 to rok moich urodzin ;-))-
praktycznie
wychowalem sie w kwadracie, w hangarach i na bieganiu
ze szkrzydlami.

krzysztof b.

The translation is

Is there an active flier from Poland in Pennsylvania
or New Jersey?
My home airfield in Poland was Torun (Aeroclub Pomorski
1968 - 1993 - '68 is the year of my birth;-)) - practically
I was brought up in the quadrant, hangars and learned
to run with the wings.

Krzysztof B.

PS by 'quadrant I think he means the Polish Airforce
'checker board'

Courtesy of Jan Szladowski (Derby and Lancs GC UK)

Can someone from New Jersey help this guy?

Old March 23rd 04, 12:27 PM
Wojciech Scigala

Dnia 3/22/04 8:53 AM, Użytkownik Dave Martin napisał:

PS by 'quadrant I think he means the Polish Airforce
'checker board'

Nope, it's "square" - a designed place with "flights director" in duty,
and where all people should stay if they do nothing important. I don't
know if it has an equivalent in english (language and procedures).

"Kwadrat" it's also the callsign of "flights director" on uncontrolled
(club) airfield. Just like the "Tower" is for controlled fields.

So "I was brought up in the quadrant" should be understood as "I was
brought up in the heart of airfield"

--
Wojtus'.net __|__
FidoNet: 2:484/47 `--------o--------'
Old April 6th 04, 01:45 AM
Ch. Bigalke

Wojciech Scigala wrote in message ...
Dnia 3/22/04 8:53 AM, Użytkownik Dave Martin napisał:

PS by 'quadrant I think he means the Polish Airforce
'checker board'

Nope, it's "square" - a designed place with "flights director" in duty,
and where all people should stay if they do nothing important. I don't
know if it has an equivalent in english (language and procedures).

"Kwadrat" it's also the callsign of "flights director" on uncontrolled
(club) airfield. Just like the "Tower" is for controlled fields.

So "I was brought up in the quadrant" should be understood as "I was
brought up in the heart of airfield"

Wojtek
Thanks so much for the very nice interpretation of my thoughts.
Nice "spot-landing" in the interpretative meaning.

Chris
I did not meant bringing up this topic ("...for Polish glider pilots
"only"") exactly in Polish, for I just wanted to know, how and WHO
will react to my post. I was just naturally posting in Polish - why,
oh WHY NOT ?? I could have done it in Hindu in addition - would this
help the Polish guys in USA ? I don't think so. Best regards.

Christopher