BRAC 2005 List

Old February 22nd 05, 08:29 PM
Joe Delphi

Default BRAC 2005 List

I heard on the radio that the BRAC 2005 list was going to be released
sometime this week. Anyone got a link?

Rumor has it that Los Angeles Air Force Base (Station?) is on the list. It
is mainly a contract administration office, no aircraft located there.
Haven't heard anything about Naval bases or Marine Corps facilities.

JD

Old February 22nd 05, 09:02 PM
John Carrier

The list is due out in mid May. Your source is mistaken. Of course, there
are a lot of bogus "lists" about. I've never heard of LAAFB.

R / John

ink.net...

Old February 23rd 05, 12:40 AM
Dave in San Diego

"John Carrier" wrote in
:

The list is due out in mid May. Your source is mistaken. Of course,
there are a lot of bogus "lists" about. I've never heard of LAAFB.

R / John

"Joe Delphi" wrote in message
ink.net...
I heard on the radio that the BRAC 2005 list was going to be released
sometime this week. Anyone got a link?

Rumor has it that Los Angeles Air Force Base (Station?) is on the
list. It
is mainly a contract administration office, no aircraft located
there. Haven't heard anything about Naval bases or Marine Corps
facilities.

It's all right he

http://www.losangeles.af.mil/abg/homepageframe.htm

Been around for over 50 years!

Dave in San Diego
Old February 23rd 05, 01:32 PM
John Carrier

My ignorance abounds! I can well imagine how the base was established, but
I find it interesting it's maintained its support roles for so many years in
a leaner/meaner environment.

R / John

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
. ..
"John Carrier" wrote in
:

The list is due out in mid May. Your source is mistaken. Of course,
there are a lot of bogus "lists" about. I've never heard of LAAFB.

R / John

ink.net...

Old February 23rd 05, 07:11 PM
Harry Andreas

In article , "John Carrier"
wrote:

My ignorance abounds! I can well imagine how the base was established, but
I find it interesting it's maintained its support roles for so many years in
a leaner/meaner environment.

R / John

It's the main contracting and contract oversight for Space Command.
Lots of satellite and missile program offices located there.
Very handy to have Lockheed, Raytheon, Northrop-Grumman (ex-TRW)
Boeing (also ex-Hughes Space) all within a stone's throw (literally!)
The Colorado congressional delegation has been trying for years to
close it down, but the synergy between the base and the local
contractors is too real.

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message

It's all right he

http://www.losangeles.af.mil/abg/homepageframe.htm

Funny thing is, the picture on the web site is Ft MacArthur in
San Pedro, which is housing for the base. The base itself is in
El Segundo, but is much less photogenic.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur