I Will Never Understand Wind

Old May 7th 05, 03:31 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:au2fe.55730$NU4.36038@attbi_s22...
The thing is, it'd be nice to keep ourselves in a situation where we can
continue to enjoy the high standard of living we do now - and that will
require change of some sort.

Agreed.

Disagree.

As our standard of living has improved over the past couple hundred years,
our envirnment has become, concurrently, healthier.

Wealthier people keep their world cleaner (go to an upscale neighborhood and
contrst that with the innder city) , even with out the envirofascists
goosestepping.

But I, as opposed to many, have faith that the economic system will
"provide" us with the solution, as it did when petroleum supplanted whale
oil. If I had to guess at this early stage, I'd say that the solution

will
be hydrogen -- but there's really no way to tell.

Old May 7th 05, 03:34 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article au2fe.55730$NU4.36038@attbi_s22, Jay Honeck wrote:
trouble with hydrogen is it's
difficult to store, difficult to handle, costs lots of energy to make
(either with oil directly or by electrolyis).

Today it is, but it's like oil was 100 years ago.

Not wanting to be harsh, but stop thinking statically, in the short
term...try thinking like an inventor/entrepreneur, not a schoolboy/employee.
Most of all, stop barfing back with the schools/media feeds you.

Old May 7th 05, 04:07 PM
RST Engineering

I, too, believe that hydrogen is the fuel of the future, but perhaps in a
slightly different vein. One of my senior projects involved the
calculations on what it would take and what would be the result of
converting hydrogen to helium (the fusion reaction).

The output is an amazing amount of energy. If we had tossed as much money
at taming fusion as we have tossed at unworkable military toys, we'd be
riding around in electric vehicles with fusion providing the recharge
energy.

Jim

Old May 7th 05, 04:35 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Matt Barrow wrote:
In article au2fe.55730$NU4.36038@attbi_s22, Jay Honeck wrote:
trouble with hydrogen is it's
difficult to store, difficult to handle, costs lots of energy to make
(either with oil directly or by electrolyis).

Today it is, but it's like oil was 100 years ago.

Not wanting to be harsh, but stop thinking statically, in the short
term...try thinking like an inventor/entrepreneur, not a schoolboy/employee.
Most of all, stop barfing back with the schools/media feeds you.

Actually, it's the schools/media feeding everyone this hydrogen pipe
dream. It's precisely because I'm thinking like an inventor/entrepreneur
that I suspect it will be much more practical, cheaper, faster and
better to develop diesel based technologies when it comes to the storage
and use of fuels (particularly in large machines).

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old May 7th 05, 04:48 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Matt Barrow wrote:
In article au2fe.55730$NU4.36038@attbi_s22, Jay Honeck wrote:
trouble with hydrogen is it's
difficult to store, difficult to handle, costs lots of energy to make
(either with oil directly or by electrolyis).

Today it is, but it's like oil was 100 years ago.

Not wanting to be harsh, but stop thinking statically, in the short
term...try thinking like an inventor/entrepreneur, not a

schoolboy/employee.
Most of all, stop barfing back with the schools/media feeds you.

Actually, it's the schools/media feeding everyone this hydrogen pipe
dream.

Absolute BS!

It's precisely because I'm thinking like an inventor/entrepreneur
that I suspect it will be much more practical, cheaper, faster and
better to develop diesel based technologies when it comes to the storage
and use of fuels (particularly in large machines).

You call going with a slight adjustment to the status quo
inventor/entrepreneurship?

Old May 7th 05, 05:21 PM
Grumman-581

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
If we had tossed as much money at taming fusion as
we have tossed at unworkable military toys, we'd be
riding around in electric vehicles with fusion providing
the recharge energy.

And best of all, we wouldn't have terrorism because they wouldn't have the
money to sponsor it... They would all go back to being the POOR camel
****in' Bedoins that they had been throughout history (vs the rich camel
****in' Bedoins that they are now)... Hell, if we spent the billions that
fighting the latest skirmish is costing us, we might have been able to find
a cheap alternative for petroleum... Of course, it would have been more
economical to just nuke 'em to start with...

Old May 7th 05, 06:21 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Matt Barrow wrote:
You call going with a slight adjustment to the status quo
inventor/entrepreneurship?

No, that's why I didn't mention one.

Old May 7th 05, 07:29 PM
Jose

Wealthier people keep their world cleaner (go to an upscale neighborhood and
contrst that with the innder city) , even with out the envirofascists
goosestepping.

Do they do this by generating less filth, or by dumping their filth on
the less wealthy people?

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old May 7th 05, 09:12 PM
Chris

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
As our standard of living has improved over the past couple hundred years,
our envirnment has become, concurrently, healthier.

Wealthier people keep their world cleaner (go to an upscale neighborhood
and
contrst that with the innder city) , even with out the envirofascists
goosestepping.

Total ********- when 4% of the worlds population create 23% of the worlds
greenhouse gasses, I would not equate that with the wealthy protecting the
neighbourhood. In this case by neighbourhood I mean the world.

Old May 8th 05, 02:09 AM
Matt Barrow

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
If we had tossed as much money at taming fusion as
we have tossed at unworkable military toys, we'd be
riding around in electric vehicles with fusion providing
the recharge energy.

The thing is, unworkaboe military toys are akin to the process of making
WORKABLE military toys.

I can't imagine an engineer (you?) would miss tha distinction.