Thorp T-211

Old March 10th 05, 11:01 PM
Ron Mahaffey

Default Thorp T-211

I am thinking about building a kit that is rated for a Sports Pilot. Have
looked at Kitfoxes, the Zenith Zodiac and the T-211. Really like the little
that I can find on the T-211 but the lack of information and builder sites
is raising a red flag. Does anyone have any suggestions for a plane that
fits the Sports category that is capable of 300 to 400 cross country flights
and is not a composite.

Thank you for the advise.
Ron in Southern AZ

Old March 11th 05, 02:12 AM
UltraJohn

Ron Mahaffey wrote:

I am thinking about building a kit that is rated for a Sports Pilot. Have
looked at Kitfoxes, the Zenith Zodiac and the T-211. Really like the
little that I can find on the T-211 but the lack of information and
builder sites
is raising a red flag. Does anyone have any suggestions for a plane that
fits the Sports category that is capable of 300 to 400 cross country
flights and is not a composite.

Thank you for the advise.
Ron in Southern AZ

What happens after the 400th cross country flight g, besides a sore bummm.
John
Boy I'm in a good mood tonight it must have been that hour flight last nigh
with zero haze and great visibility.

Old March 11th 05, 03:27 AM
Rick Pellicciotti

Ron,
I have flown the T-211. It is a nice airplane. It is a 40 year old
design though. I presume you have been to their website? I think the
lack of builder sites is due to the fact that the design was mostly off
the market until revived a couple of years ago. Scott Severen is great
to deal with.

Rick Pellicciotti
http://www.lightsportflying.com

Old March 14th 05, 03:51 PM
MJC

If you can wait a few months, you might want to keep an eye on the Van's
Aircraft website. Now the highest volume seller of the most successful kit
built aircraft in the world (and there's a reason for that :-), they are
actively working on introducing a kit specifically designed for the Sport
Pilot's category. It is NOT a rework of any of their existing designs.
Like I said, I'd be patient and wait a bit and see what Van's comes up
with.
http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/what-new.htm#LSA

MJC

news