Looking for help with French trailer documents (contact information)

Old February 17th 20, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default Looking for help with French trailer documents (contact information)

I've bought myself a trailer registered in France and I notice the documents to be incorrect. I've created an account on ants.gouv.fr to edit the details on the document but it won't allow me (can't find registration), so I created a ticket but still no reply after 2 weeks. What I want to know is that the document I have is the correct one (latest) and if so, change the empty/maximum weight and S/N of the trailer, as they are currently incorrect and S/N is 00000.

Could anyone be so kind to provide some help? Or maybe some contact information? As my French isn't very good, maybe a phone number from the government to guide me in the right direction. Thank you!
Old February 17th 20, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

1. Remove any/all serial numbers.
2. Go to DMV and tell them you assembled a bunch of parts from a junkyard.
Old February 17th 20, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op maandag 17 februari 2020 18:34:17 UTC+1 schreef :
1. Remove any/all serial numbers.
2. Go to DMV and tell them you assembled a bunch of parts from a junkyard.

I wish I could. Sadly, it won't work in Belgium. I could get the trailer registered at 750kg maximum weight, but then I'd have to replace the drawbar and my club members can't drive my car since it's my employer's car and their insurance.

To get it at 850kg, I need those correct documents, a certificate of conformity, which Anschau can't provide (only technical sheet which they don't accept) or get a new trailer.
Old February 17th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op maandag 17 februari 2020 18:38:08 UTC+1 schreef Senna Van den Bosch:
Op maandag 17 februari 2020 18:34:17 UTC+1 schreef :
1. Remove any/all serial numbers.
2. Go to DMV and tell them you assembled a bunch of parts from a junkyard.

I wish I could. Sadly, it won't work in Belgium. I could get the trailer registered at 750kg maximum weight, but then I'd have to replace the drawbar and my club members can't drive my car since it's my employer's car and their insurance.

To get it at 850kg, I need those correct documents, a certificate of conformity, which Anschau can't provide (only technical sheet which they don't accept) or get a new trailer.

This means they always have to have their own licence plates and replace them on the trailer. Most don't have spare licence plates with them.
Old February 17th 20, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh[_2_]

I feel your pain. It took me nearly two years of intermittent work
and expense to get a German registered Anschau trailer onto
French registration and that was without any documentary
glitches. I would not have succeeded without the help of a multi-
lingual German lawyer friend: the key was to obtain a German
registration document translated into French - by an official
certified translator (of course). This together with various Anschau
documents and German TuV documents eventually produced a
French registration document just two days before the French put
the whole system "on-line".

The Germans and French have a common land border and have
only been in the EU for about forty years so it's early days to
expect any useful "harmonisation".

Good luck, you'll need it.

Old February 18th 20, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think this is where you'll find the information you need:

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr...e-mon-vehicule

Old February 18th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op dinsdag 18 februari 2020 13:37:52 UTC+1 schreef :
I think this is where you'll find the information you need:

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr...e-mon-vehicule

I can only get automatic replies from them, but when choosing "Je souhaite faire une autre demande" I get an error that I can't use it since it is only available to users with a France Connect identity, which I do not have. I'm really stuck on this website :/
Old February 18th 20, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 8:45:40 AM UTC-7, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Op dinsdag 18 februari 2020 13:37:52 UTC+1 schreef :
I think this is where you'll find the information you need:

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr...e-mon-vehicule

I can only get automatic replies from them, but when choosing "Je souhaite faire une autre demande" I get an error that I can't use it since it is only available to users with a France Connect identity, which I do not have. I'm really stuck on this website :/

Maybe you could drive to a "nearby" French internet cafe to take care of this?
Old February 19th 20, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Just a phone number would be very much appreciated.
Old February 19th 20, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 12:33:37 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 8:45:40 AM UTC-7, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Op dinsdag 18 februari 2020 13:37:52 UTC+1 schreef :
I think this is where you'll find the information you need:

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr...e-mon-vehicule

I can only get automatic replies from them, but when choosing "Je souhaite faire une autre demande" I get an error that I can't use it since it is only available to users with a France Connect identity, which I do not have. I'm really stuck on this website :/

Maybe you could drive to a "nearby" French internet cafe to take care of this?

My thinking here is if you are now doing your business on French soil at a French internet cafe, then it should have a French IP address, so it shouldn't give you the error message.