Lawrance Radial engine for APU

Old March 18th 11, 04:20 AM
moffit moffit is offline
Junior Member

Default Lawrance Radial engine for APU

I have a Lawrance L-64 radial engine 5 cylinder that I believe was used as an APU in the B-29?? It has a tag attached that stated it was prepared for storage in 1948. (it is a little hard to read)

This link has a photo of a similar motor:

http://www.powerofthepast.org/lawrance_l64.jpg

Does anyone know what it might be worth?
Anyone interested....It is in good shape, complete with magnetos and carb.
Missing two parts that I do not know. Has an exhaust pipe too.

thanks
Old September 29th 11, 09:59 PM
klm67575 klm67575 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffit View Post
I have a Lawrance L-64 radial engine 5 cylinder that I believe was used as an APU in the B-29?? It has a tag attached that stated it was prepared for storage in 1948. (it is a little hard to read)

This link has a photo of a similar motor:

http://www.powerofthepast.org/lawrance_l64.jpg

Does anyone know what it might be worth?
Anyone interested....It is in good shape, complete with magnetos and carb.
Missing two parts that I do not know. Has an exhaust pipe too.

thanks
Hello,
I'm interested in your radial engine for using it in a motorbike.
you can contact me in holland or 0031615085577.
don't hesitate to get in contact, pay you a good price.
With kind regards,
Ger Schultinga
Old February 26th 12, 02:06 PM
banjo banjo is offline
Junior Member

Location: uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffit View Post
I have a Lawrance L-64 radial engine 5 cylinder that I believe was used as an APU in the B-29?? It has a tag attached that stated it was prepared for storage in 1948. (it is a little hard to read)

This link has a photo of a similar motor:

http://www.powerofthepast.org/lawrance_l64.jpg

Does anyone know what it might be worth?
Anyone interested....It is in good shape, complete with magnetos and carb.
Missing two parts that I do not know. Has an exhaust pipe too.

thanks
hi have you sold the engine yet thanks mark..