Is this a Component of a WWll Ships Radar

Old April 17th 05, 09:55 PM

Default Is this a Component of a WWll Ships Radar

Could anybody tell me if the pics posted here
http://greenmarble.blogspot.com are from a ships radar from WWll? Any
info on how and what for would be appreciated, leave info in comments
on the blog if you would like, thanks for any info Rich

Old April 22nd 05, 06:44 AM

Could anybody tell me if the pics posted here
http://greenmarble.blogspot.com are from a ships radar from WWll? Any
info on how and what for would be appreciated, leave info in comments
on the blog if you would like, thanks for any info Rich

marich2@gmail,
I do believe that you have the Dipole antenna that inserts into the
center of the parabolic "dish", which focuses the Radar beam in the same
way that a flashlight reflector focuses light. More specifically, it
looks like one from a fire control radar that used radar to direct navel
guns. On WW2 destroyers the gun fire director is above and just behind
the bridge. E-mail me and I’ll send you a photo. )
John Borio
USN, Ret.

Displaced AFSS "controllers" heading for BIL and GRB Chip Jones Instrument Flight Rules 12 April 10th 05 09:22 PM
Air defense (naval and air force) Mike Military Aviation 0 September 18th 04 04:42 PM
Naval air defense Mike Naval Aviation 0 September 18th 04 04:42 PM
B-52 crew blamed for friendly fire death Paul Hirose Military Aviation 0 March 16th 04 01:49 AM