Warrior stall speed solved?

Old June 6th 05, 03:13 AM
Dave

Default Warrior stall speed solved?

Hmmmm...

OK, new Warrior specs..(off piper web page, Warrioe spec
sheet)

Stall speed, full 40 deg flaps down..

44Knts KIAS

50 Knts KCAS (which is 58 mph Aprox)

Indicated calibrated... (?)

Any thoughts?

Dave
Old June 6th 05, 03:31 AM
Bob Moore

Dave wrote
Indicated calibrated... (?)
Any thoughts?

Yes, I thought that we all knew that. At the stall speed, the
Cessna 172 that I fly has a 12 mph difference between IAS (40)
and CAS (52). Of course, in those days (1959) Cessna called CAS
True Indicated Airspeed (TIAS).

Bob Moore
Old June 6th 05, 08:47 PM
John Galban

Dave wrote:
Hmmmm...

OK, new Warrior specs..(off piper web page, Warrioe spec
sheet)

Stall speed, full 40 deg flaps down..

44Knts KIAS

50 Knts KCAS (which is 58 mph Aprox)

Indicated calibrated... (?)

Any thoughts?

Dave

I think I mentioned all of those variables in my post to the previous
thread. That accounts for all of the numbers thrown around (44, 50
and 58). The numbers changed, but the actual stall speed did not.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old June 7th 05, 03:49 AM
Dave

Yes you did John...and I believed you were on to something...

The "spread" of the numbers seemed large...

This is the only place (Piper website) I found both numbers
_clearly identified_ together... hence the last post...

BTW, it's beginning to look a lot like we may be going to a
low wing...

Be nice to see the rny on the turn to final again..

Oh GAWD! What have I started!!! G

TY!

Dave

Old June 7th 05, 03:51 AM
Dave

Correct!

This is the 1st place I found the speeds clearly identified
together...

Hence this post...

Cheers!

Dave

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 02:31:28 GMT, Bob Moore
wrote:

Dave wrote
Indicated calibrated... (?)
Any thoughts?

Yes, I thought that we all knew that. At the stall speed, the
Cessna 172 that I fly has a 12 mph difference between IAS (40)
and CAS (52). Of course, in those days (1959) Cessna called CAS
True Indicated Airspeed (TIAS).

Bob Moore

Landing and T/O distances (Was Cold War ALternate Basing) Guy Alcala Military Aviation 3 August 13th 04 12:18 PM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
Va and turbulent air penetration speed. Doug Owning 69 January 11th 04 08:35 PM
Speed Astir Guy Acheson Soaring 0 December 11th 03 02:24 AM
New Film: The Need For Speed - Going to war on drugs Phil Carpenter Military Aviation 0 July 23rd 03 07:43 AM