Sun N Fun?

Old April 9th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Sun N Fun?

Jay Honeck wrote:
We were low, so I couldn't really lean back much.

At that power setting you can lean to anything you want, it is not
possible to hurt the engine.

I was debating that with Mary while maintaining formation. I thought
that was true, but we didn't want to experiment with a $20K engine --
so I left the mixture pretty rich.
--

Any setting below 65% you couldn't hurt your engine if you tried.

Old April 10th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I do, but not on-line...yet. I'll try to paint a picture with
words.

Wow, that sounds very ambitious. It sounds like it will be a nice improvement. Post some pictures when
you can.

Mike
Old April 10th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Anyone else heading to Lakeland?

I'll be there for my first time on the 19th through the 21st, although
I'm planning to fly into Winter Haven and drive over.
As an intermittent lurker here for years, maybe I'll see some of you
that I only know by name so far.

--
Allen Johnson
Raleigh, NC

Old April 10th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
bdl

On Apr 9, 2:50 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
It was more the issue of my wife having to walk around all those
"boring airplanes".

Hoo boy. This is a lot more serious than we thought. It looks like
some major attitude adjustments are in order.

Good luck!

Not all of us can live in the nirvana of fighting for flight time with
our spouses. :-)

I'm working on my daughter. Look for her soon at Airventure 20??!

Brian

Old April 11th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

bdl wrote:
It was more the issue of my wife having to walk around all those
"boring airplanes".

It occurs to me that an enterprising wife could make, as the kids say,
"mad bank" by renting a passenger van and charging fares to other ladies
for day trips to the mall, spa, beach, etc. On the other hand, some
wives might see this as a challenge to spend as much at the mall as
their other half will spend on "airplane junk".

Matt Roberds

Old April 11th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Nope, but in a moment (period? era?) of insanity, our Mr. Montblack
*volunteered* to keep an eye on our kids for us so that we could
attend SNF! He'll be staying in Iowa City for "the duration", and I
expect there will be some very interesting posts emanating from this
PC while we're gone.

Yep, a new level of insanity has hit the Honeck household...

Hmmm, hired MontSitterBlack, eh? That's...um...interesting Jay. I can
just see Joe and a bunch of his friends duct taping MontBlack to the
wall and then having a grand time until you get back :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old April 11th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
I can just see Joe and a bunch of his friends duct taping MontBlack to the
wall and then having a grand time until you get back :-)

Christopher Walken in:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120241/
Suicide Kings (1997)

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that
I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

[laughing] "What the #^%* are you talking about? You're taped to a chair!"

Montblack
"Guys, if I don't bleed to death pretty soon, I'm gonna die of boredom."

Old April 11th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

"Guys, if I don't bleed to death pretty soon, I'm gonna die of boredom."

Now THAT is a great line.

I don't think you'll be bored too badly, between Joe's up & down love
life, Becca's track practice/meets, a DVD player, ten movie channels,
and the internet -- not to mention watching/making Joe mow the lawn
(or shovel the snow -- whichever season emerges), clean the garage,
your car, etc....

Of course, if the weather stays like it is today, Mary and I won't be
going anywhere in Atlas, so we may all just spend the week at our
local microbrewery, sampling beers...

;-)
---
Jay Honeck