It's unfair- snow!

Old April 11th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default It's unfair- snow!

Iceboat?

Newps wrote:

Get that crap dried up. I will be in town on a hit and run raid Friday
to pick up my brothers boat and bring it to its new home.

Old April 12th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Viperdoc wrote:
Well, today and for the next few days we have up to 10 inches of snow
forecast. More snow shoveling in front of the hangar door. More slipping
on the icy ramp. No VFR flight, and lots of wet icy clouds at low
altitudes.

1) Wait for a VFR day
2) Put your snow shovel in the plane
3) Gas up
4) Take off
5) Fly a heading of 180 degrees, plus or minus 10 degrees
6) Divert as needed to avoid things, but always return to 180 +/- 10
7) About every 100 miles, land at an airport with FBO
8) Gas up
9) Get your snow shovel and walk into the FBO and/or around the airport
10) If nobody comments on the shovel, take off and fly 180 +/- 10 again
11) At the first place where someone points at the snow shovel and asks,
"What the heck is that thing?", immediately rent a hangar and call a
local real estate agent.

Matt Roberds

Old April 12th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
... Well, today and for the next few days we have up to 10 inches of snow
forecast. More snow shoveling in front of the hangar door. More slipping
on the icy ramp. No VFR flight, and lots of wet icy clouds at low
altitudes.

What happened to spring?

I blame the NHL.

Since they pushed the playoffs into what used to be summer, it only makes
sense that the weather would follow.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old April 13th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

As an aging hockey player and youth coach, I hope the New York Rangers win
the Stanley Cup. It would be the only redeeming aspect of the snow- staying
inside to watch the NHL playoffs.

JN

DTW Snow Capt.Doug Piloting 6 April 28th 05 02:59 AM
Snow... Dan Luke Instrument Flight Rules 5 December 28th 04 07:26 PM
unfair cartoon in October 2004 issue of KITPLANES Bob Kaplow Home Built 31 August 29th 04 02:00 PM
Life is horribly, horribly unfair Rosspilot Piloting 27 August 12th 03 08:46 PM