Eyeball vents on panel

Old March 3rd 14, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Eyeball vents on panel

Can you share your experience with the use of an eyeball vent on the the panel. I'm specifically interested if the canopy might fog up if I completely redirect the air from the forward vent below the canopy (I have a Discus)

Thanks,
Old March 3rd 14, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Common practice is to "Y" the tubing so you can use both. This allows you to defog the canopy when needed.
Old March 3rd 14, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Thompson

On Monday, March 3, 2014 10:19:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Can you share your experience with the use of an eyeball vent on the the panel. I'm specifically interested if the canopy might fog up if I completely redirect the air from the forward vent below the canopy (I have a Discus)

Thanks,

My Discus CS has an eyeball vent on the lower left side of the panel and I'd hate to be without it. Source is shared with the forward vent below canopy.
Old March 3rd 14, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Monday, March 3, 2014 8:19:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Can you share your experience with the use of an eyeball vent on the the panel. I'm specifically interested if the canopy might fog up if I completely redirect the air from the forward vent below the canopy (I have a Discus)

Thanks,

What Tim said.

On my Mini Nimbus, without the forward vent the canopy fogs up at certain times and it is very loud too. The eyeball is great for directing fresh air and is used 95% of the time. Having both vents is a win/win.

Mike

L-23 Side Vents Peter von Tresckow Soaring 1 June 19th 12 05:06 PM
Fuselage Vents Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 29 August 20th 08 06:59 PM
Cessna air vents Matt Owning 30 January 14th 06 12:53 AM
LS8 tank vents Flavio Formosa Soaring 1 June 1st 05 12:32 PM
C172 Air vents Matt Young Owning 8 July 2nd 04 12:53 PM