DG600 - any advice from owners??

Old December 29th 05, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG600 - any advice from owners??

Our syndicate just bought a DG600 - the unpowered version
- with 15, 17 & 18m tips.

We know about the lack of wing moulds at DG, and have
been around the houses concerning the stall warning
device.

This is our first flapped glider. Does anyone who owns
or flies a DG600 have any helpful advice for us on
vices, virtues, maintenance, flying tips (e.g. ballast)
etc. etc.

Many thanks

Martyn Johnson

Old January 1st 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've had my 600 2 full seasons (about 200 hrs) now and keep learning
new thing about it's performance every flight. I prefer flying it 18m,
darn near 50:1. Thermal dry @ 50 kts, wet add 8-10 kts. She has a L
slot for landing configuration, but I've found +10 deg better for
landing it seems to keep the attitude a little better for touching the
tail wheel slightly before the main without slamming it too hard. Wet
I can put 25 gallons of water (1.25 in the tail + a 9 lb battery) and
me with chute (230) it grosses @ about 1050 lbs and handles great.