New ear seals

Old December 14th 03, 10:09 PM
Chris

Default New ear seals

I'm just about to put some new ear seals on an old worn out DC 10-20
headset. I'm trying to decide between the David Clark Undercut Gel
seals and the Oregon Aero soft seals.

Anyone have any opinions about either of these products? Oregon Aero
says their seals help reduce the level of noise to such an extent that
a headset will perform, in some frequencies, better than ANR. Hmmm....

Thanks,

Chris
Old December 15th 03, 02:05 AM
Mike Adams

I've used the Oregon Aero seals on my DC 10-30's for the last 3 years, and
am very happy with them. I've never used ANRs but find the noise level on
my headset to be very comfortable.

Mike

Chris wrote in
:

Old December 15th 03, 02:18 AM
Flynn

I've used both the DC undercut Gel Seals on a pair of 10-13x and the Oregon
Aero kit on a couple of pairs (are headsets properly spoken of as a pair or
singular?) of Sig S-58s. Actually the Sig's were also upgraded with the OA
hush kits at the same time. So a bit of apples and oranges but....
The DC gel seals worked exactly as they said. Quieter and more comfortable
than the original equipment. The OA set up made the Sigs almost as quiet as
the DC's IMO as well as my daughters. The only problem was that the size of
the soft seals moved the mic further away and the Sigs have limited reach.
Something to factor in. otherwise very satisfied.

Old December 15th 03, 02:34 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Got the new seals at AOPA and they work as advertised.

--

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

take off my shoes to reply

Old December 15th 03, 05:25 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Chris wrote:

I'm just about to put some new ear seals on an old worn out DC 10-20
headset. I'm trying to decide between the David Clark Undercut Gel
seals and the Oregon Aero soft seals.

Anyone have any opinions about either of these products? Oregon Aero
says their seals help reduce the level of noise to such an extent that
a headset will perform, in some frequencies, better than ANR. Hmmm....

Thanks,

Chris

I had a pair of Oregon Soft Seals on my DCs for several years. Problem
was -- after a few years, the Soft Seals started to decompose, leaving
black marks around my ears. They worked great -- while they lasted, but
I switched to the gell-type seals with a fabric sock.
Old December 15th 03, 12:14 PM
Dan Luke

"Mike Adams" wrote:
I've never used ANRs ...

Oh man, are you in for a treat!
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old December 15th 03, 06:02 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Chris wrote:
: I'm just about to put some new ear seals on an old worn out DC 10-20
: headset. I'm trying to decide between the David Clark Undercut Gel
: seals and the Oregon Aero soft seals.

I put the DC undercut seals on both my DC 10-13.4 and my DC ANR H10-13X
headsets, and they are a great improvement. Previously, I couldn't use the
ANR feature, because my eyeglasses let in too much noise and created a
high-pitched whistling noise. Now, the ANR works like the proverbial
charm. I am very happy with the DC undercut seals.

I originally wanted the Oregon Aero soft-seals, but the Pilot Shop at KOWD
had the DC undercut seals in stock, so that what I got.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)
Old December 16th 03, 01:02 AM
Mike Adams

Yea, no doubt. A good idea to move over to the "what do you want for
Christmas" thread.

Mike

"Dan Luke" wrote in
: