few pre-checkride questions

Old May 20th 04, 12:44 PM

500 feet vertically from vfr, 1000 feet vertically from other ifr, up
to FL 290.
Horizontally, depends on radar and distance from antenna, but I let
others verify this.
Of course, on a visual approach, while still technically ifr, you can
end up with very little separation indeed.
Stan
On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:01:40 GMT, "Baron Man"
wrote:

5. what's the min ATC separation under IFR

Old May 20th 04, 11:15 PM
AirVespa

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Baron Man wrote:
1. what's a VDP and how does one compute it.

Visual Descent Point. If there's one published for the approach (ie. on

the
chart), don't descend visually below the MDA until you pass that point. If
there's none published, you can compute one for yourself as a convenience.

How
to compute it is a matter of personal preference. You probably want to

compute a
VDP that will give you about a 3 degree descent.

2. how many phases of an approach (IAP) and how do you tell each from

the
other

Initial, intermediate, final, and maybe missed(?). Are those considered
"phases"? Dunno.

First is "arrival" then those 4.

3. what's a GRID MORA

Minimum Off-Route Altitude. Don't know about the "GRID". Probably a

reference to
the lat-lon grid on your enroute chart. There's a MORA for each

quadrangle.

The GRID MORA is the MORA defined for a square/sector marked in the chart.
In the Jeppesen Low Altitude Charts is a green number marqued in the center
of the square/sector. It provides 1000ft minimum obstacle clearance.

4. what's a THINGS

Don't know.

5. what's the min ATC separation under IFR

Good question. I should know this, but I don't.

Depends on the context. Vertical, time or for radar vectoring?

6. drift-down?

What a feather does. :-)

nice! :-))

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

Old May 23rd 04, 06:20 PM
Casey Webster

"John R. Copeland" wrote in message ...
Hey, they've moved THING!
It used to be a radar fix near Worthington, OH, on the NDB 27L approach
to KOSU, and Columbus approach would normally call it out for us.
It disappeared from there years ago, and I didn't know until now
that it's been redesignated elsewhere.
Thanks, Andrew. It's like finding a lost old friend :-)
---JRC---

its a fix east of dallas now, on the dodge 3 arrival
Old May 24th 04, 10:28 PM
John Harper

Does it link up with WOTST, DODAD and no doubt others
people could think of...?

John

om...