Oudie

Old July 7th 11, 08:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Hunt

Default Oudie

I have lost my observation zones for "point". The start and finish
zones are shown as before, but yesterday I could not see the
zones around my turn point.

In task, edit, the zones are clearly shown but they are not
transferring to the map....any idea what I am doing wrong?

Old July 7th 11, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Jul 7, 12:51*am, Steve Hunt wrote:
I have lost my observation zones for "point". The start and finish
zones are shown as before, but yesterday I could not see the
zones *around my turn point.

In task, edit, the zones are clearly shown but they are not
transferring to the map....any idea what I am doing wrong?

A possible reason is you have entered some crazy size parameter in the
OZ values for that turnpoint in the task edit screen and either the OZ
is so small it does not show up on the map or so large it covers your
whole viewing area (and might be possible to miss noticing depending
on what OZ colors and map backgrounds you have selected). Both will
show an OZ automatically scaled in the task edit screen.

Failing that I cannot imagine a combination of colors and transparency
and terrain settings etc. that would result in the start/finish OZ but
not turnpoint OZ being visible in the task edit page but not on a main
map. But who knows - try setting the task OZ colors to solid and say
bright red fill (no transparency) and red line and see if they show
up. Try different combinations of terrain/map data being on or off
just to see if there is a bug.

Darryl
Old July 8th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn[_2_]

There are a couple of ways to achieve no observation zones on SeeYouM
I believe.

Try Settings Task - then configure the Start, Point, Finish to show
their respective default radius and the angle is 180 degrees for
Radius1 and Angle 1. Make sure the Observation Zone a color you can
see on the screen. It is not a bad idea to fill the observation zones
with a color that stands out.

From the task screen, select the task waypoint, and edit - and make
sure you have Radius 1 at the number you want and Angle 1 at 180
degrees for a circle. Radius 2 / Angle 2 should be blank.

From the main screen, zoom in and out to see if the circles or
observation zones show.

Let us know,

John A8

Wanted- Oudie Dan[_6_] Soaring 2 June 11th 11 06:13 AM
FS: Naviter Oudie Jonathan Hughes Soaring 2 May 26th 11 06:55 PM
Oudie with a LX 5000 Randy[_2_] Soaring 2 May 24th 10 10:48 AM
New Oudie Photos Paul Remde Soaring 3 April 30th 10 04:17 PM