Rotation

Old September 13th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Rotation

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
That's what I've been trying, but I don't seem to be very good at it.

I'll continue to practice.

Mx you are playing a computer game and not playing it very well from the
sound of it. If you want it to be more than a game for you go find one of
many books that are out there for private pilot ground school.

Old September 13th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Rapoport

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Mike,

Because it is a tradeoff of cost, complexity and perhaps weight.

But many do have that. The (older?) Mooneys even move the entire tail,
IIRC.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

I have never seen a piston airplane with the system seen on jets. On jets,
the entire horizontal stabilizer is moved with a jackscrew (trim) and the
elevator is in the same plane as the horizontal stabilizer at any cg or
speed. On a piston GA airplane with a stabilator, there is a trim tab on
the stabilator which is not in the same plane as the stabilator except at
one, unique trim setting.

Old September 13th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Mike Rapoport wrote
I have never seen a piston airplane with the system seen on jets. On
jets, the entire horizontal stabilizer is moved with a jackscrew
(trim) and the elevator is in the same plane as the horizontal
stabilizer at any cg or speed.

Ever see a Piper J-3 Cub ?

Bob Moore
Old September 13th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Rapoport

I have, but have not noticed if it had a trimable stabilizer with a
elevator. From your message, I assume that it does?

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Mike Rapoport wrote

Old September 13th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Thomas Borchert writes:

What you're describing is the stall warning and the natural tendency of
any aircraft in a stall to pitch down.

OK, the stall warning I can understand, but other aircraft don't pitch
down abruptly like that.

Old September 13th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert writes:

What you're describing is the stall warning and the natural tendency of
any aircraft in a stall to pitch down.

OK, the stall warning I can understand, but other aircraft don't pitch
down abruptly like that.

I'm not a simmer but try pulling the left throttle to idle, right throttle
wide open and then stall it :-)

Old September 13th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have, but have not noticed if it had a trimable stabilizer with a
elevator. From your message, I assume that it does?

And the early Cessna 182 does also.

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Mike Rapoport wrote

Old September 13th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

I got the impression from Bob's post that, in the case he describes, you are
(effectively) always trimmed.

If this is the case, then what "pressure" are you releasing?

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.
Old September 13th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Allen writes:

I'm not a simmer but try pulling the left throttle to idle, right throttle
wide open and then stall it :-)

Is this going to cause some sort of sim catastrophe?

Old September 13th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Allen writes:

I'm not a simmer but try pulling the left throttle to idle, right
throttle
wide open and then stall it :-)

Is this going to cause some sort of sim catastrophe?

No, just an exciting ride :-)