All yuor troll are belong to us.

Old December 24th 04, 05:07 PM
C Kingsbury

Default All yuor troll are belong to us.

Merry non-denominational Holidays to y'all out there. Things seem a little
quiet here so here's my year-end wrap-up.

Jeppesen plates are better because they'll get you in to a lot of airports
when goverment plates won't work. It's because the minimums on Jepp plates
are lower, because they're only used by really good pilots and
professionals. They could sell them at the same price as NACO plates but
then a lot of amateurs would buy them and crash.

Personally I prefer a localizer back-course because there's less traffic
there than on the front course, but the needle still moves backwards.

I used to be confused about Class D but then an air traffic controller I met
in a bar explained it to me: aircraft in Class D airspace are bing
"negatively controlled," not "positively controlled" like they are in other
kinds of airspace. He was pretty busy issuing taxi clearances into his
scotch and soda to explain, but he told me I could find it all in the 8710.

Whenever someone asks me how dangerous flying is, I answer, "Well, it's
safer than a lot of other hobbies, skydiving for instance."

Whenever I fly a GPS approach, I use my handheld as the primary guidance,
that way I have the GNS-430 to fall back on in case the handheld fails.

I simply don't trust "plastic airplanes." I didn't like Royalite when they
started putting it in Cessnas and I don't understand why I should feel any
better about them building the whole darn plane out of the stuff. Next thing
you know they'll be building the damn things in China like everything else.
And why does a new airplane cost more than a house? Computers used to cost
$5000 and now they cost $500.

Only wimps announce crossing a runway while taxiing.

Everybody talks about pre-heating the airplane when it's cold, but I think
pre-heating the pilot's a lot more important since most crashes are due to
pilot errors rather than mechanicals. Used to use a thermos filled with
coffee, but since that required pre-heating too, I switched to brandy.

Lost in the debate over women in the cockpit is the question of what
happened to good-looking stewardesses. Who cares if they want to fly a plane
or drive a car? It's not like we're going to let them vote or own property.

All responses may be sent to my assistant, Dr. Sese Mabuko, chairman of the
Federal Reserve Bank of Nigeria.

Cheers,
-cwk.

Old December 24th 04, 05:22 PM
Frankster

Great stuff C! Funny! Merry Christmas to you. I know you're being
sarcastic, but, you know, the one about the localizer back-course is true!
Less traffic! LOL!

-Frank

k.net...

Old December 24th 04, 05:32 PM

Good points. I usually copy all the good tips in my logbook for future
reference but with the misspelled subject line, I will have to discard
this post.

I share the good feelings that come with holidays and I with you.
Merry Christmas.

Deep

Old December 24th 04, 06:32 PM
Jim Fisher

wrote in message

Good points. I usually copy all the good tips in my logbook for future
reference but with the misspelled subject line, I will have to discard
this post.

It's not a misspelling. It's a reference to an old but popular Ninetendo
Game made in Japan and not-so-carefully translated to English. I can't
remember the name of it. Anyways, at one point in the game, one of the
villans states, "All your bases are belong to us!"

Funny post, original poster!

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 24th 04, 06:53 PM
Roy Smith

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, best wishes for
an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the
religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or
traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all...

AND

A fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted
calendar year 2004, but not without due respect for the calendars of
choice of other cultures, and without regard to the race, creed,
color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of
the wishee.

(Note, by accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies
no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual
application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new
wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)
Old December 24th 04, 06:58 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:32:25 -0600, "Jim Fisher"
wrote:

It's not a misspelling. It's a reference to an old but popular Ninetendo
Game made in Japan and not-so-carefully translated to English. I can't
remember the name of it. Anyways, at one point in the game, one of the
villans states, "All your bases are belong to us!"

See http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/history/ for the history
of the 'All Your Base Are Belong to Us' mania.

See http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/ for an animated
flash clip of the game.

Old December 24th 04, 07:06 PM
Aardvark

A flash movie, All your are belong to us. "ZERO WING".

http://www.us.fsu.edu/swf/AYB2.swf

Old December 24th 04, 08:45 PM
C J Campbell

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message

Good points. I usually copy all the good tips in my logbook for future
reference but with the misspelled subject line, I will have to discard
this post.

It's not a misspelling. It's a reference to an old but popular Ninetendo
Game made in Japan and not-so-carefully translated to English. I can't
remember the name of it. Anyways, at one point in the game, one of the
villans states, "All your bases are belong to us!"

"allyourbasearebelongtous" has been immortalized as a cheat code in Warcraft
3.