A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

Old September 14th 18, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 1:56:57 PM UTC-6, Dan wrote:
recently my 3-D map view feature stopped working on SeeYou 9.2. It had been working great but now is hung up and all I see is a brown screen.
I've contacted the SeeYou help desk, they suggested to update my graphics card drivers, did that and still nothing. I'm waiting for further instructions from Naviter but I was wondering if anyone here can help.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Had the same problem. For me, I was viewing at to great of a distance. Scrolled in a lot, and things came back into view.

Mike
Old September 14th 18, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-7, Mike C wrote:
recently my 3-D map view feature stopped working on SeeYou 9.2. It had been working great but now is hung up and all I see is a brown screen.
I've contacted the SeeYou help desk, they suggested to update my graphics card drivers, did that and still nothing. I'm waiting for further instructions from Naviter but I was wondering if anyone here can help.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Had the same problem. For me, I was viewing at to great of a distance. Scrolled in a lot, and things came back into view.

Mike

I hope Dan buys you a case of beer of that...
Old September 14th 18, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-7, Mike C wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Mike

Mike, i did try that and no luck,
thanks for trying
Dan
Old September 14th 18, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi Dan,

Is there any chance that you're SeeYou license has expired and you installed a version that you don't have a license for? That is somewhat common. If you have a working version and never upgrade, you can keep using SeeYou forever. But it sometimes prompts you to install an upgrade at startup. If you have a current subscription, the upgrade works great. If you haven't purchased SeeYou or SeeYou-Upgrade in the last year, some features will be disabled if you are using a version that was released after your subscription ended.

What does SeeYou display in the title-bar? Is should be something like, "SeeYou 9.2 - Dan". If it says something about it being a demo version, the go to the menu bar and select Help, Registration and log into the SeeYou Cloud. You will see there whether or not you have a current subscription.

If you need to buy SeeYou-Upgrade, I'd be glad to help you with that. It is $59.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 2:56:57 PM UTC-5, Dan wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Old September 14th 18, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 9:41:55 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Dan,

Is there any chance that you're SeeYou license has expired and you installed a version that you don't have a license for? That is somewhat common. If you have a working version and never upgrade, you can keep using SeeYou forever. But it sometimes prompts you to install an upgrade at startup. If you have a current subscription, the upgrade works great. If you haven't purchased SeeYou or SeeYou-Upgrade in the last year, some features will be disabled if you are using a version that was released after your subscription ended.

What does SeeYou display in the title-bar? Is should be something like, "SeeYou 9.2 - Dan". If it says something about it being a demo version, the go to the menu bar and select Help, Registration and log into the SeeYou Cloud. You will see there whether or not you have a current subscription.

If you need to buy SeeYou-Upgrade, I'd be glad to help you with that. It is $59.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 2:56:57 PM UTC-5, Dan wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Paul, my license is good until February 2019 thanks
Dan
Old September 16th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:56:57 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

I had the same problem pop up and I was able to fix it by doing this:

Load an IGC file into SeeYou
1) Go to Tools Options then go to "3D View" under the FLIGHT option
2) Then look toward the bottom of the dialog box under "Camera". The "Distance" option had some incredibly large number such as "1231256531mi" and I changed it to "0.5mi"
3) Under "Height", I changed the incredibly large number to "3000ft"

Magically my 3D render appeared again. I'm not sure if this will correct your situation, but it resolved mine. I have no idea why those large values were populated in those two fields ... perhaps filled in automatically after the software was upgraded to v9.2??

Roger
Old September 16th 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 5:02:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

2) Then look toward the bottom of the dialog box under "Camera". The "Distance" option had some incredibly large number such as "1231256531mi" and I changed it to "0.5mi"

Magically my 3D render appeared again. I'm not sure if this will correct your situation, but it resolved mine. I have no idea why those large values were populated in those two fields ... perhaps filled in automatically after the software was upgraded to v9.2??

Roger

Roger,
You Nailed it!
Worked just as you described and now mine is working great.
Many many thanks,
Dan
Old September 16th 18, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 9:05:50 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Roger

Roger,
You Nailed it!
Many many thanks,
Dan

Now you need to buy Dan *and* Mike some beers.
Old September 16th 18, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 10:15:48 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 9:05:50 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR

Roger

Roger,
You Nailed it!
Many many thanks,
Dan

Now you need to buy Dan *and* Mike some beers.

Beers for Roger!
Kick in the Jimmy for SeeYou software writers....bug, no it is a feature!
Dan