Identity please - Aircraft.jpg

Old August 9th 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

Default Identity please - Aircraft.jpg

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:03:51 -0700, "CB"
wrote:

Blackpool Airshow 2007. Seen here commencing her take off down runway 28
with engineer in the second seat. Departing back home to their Linconshire
base. The Red Arrows performed a spectacular show of precision airmanship
over the weekend. They are 'simply the best'

I agree they are a superb acrobatic team, but the original poster had
a picture of an aircraft with SWISS markings. It was not a Red Arrow,
unless they have changed to having the Swiss flag painted on their
underside.

Dave

Old August 9th 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frogdog

Taken by me at Leuchars Airshow, Scotland.

Identification desired.

Think this link will settle it. This looks like your bird.

http://www.hunterteam.com/hawker_hun...tech_specs.htm

Frogdog has left the building.

Old August 9th 07, 08:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
marush

Default Identity please - Aircraft.jpg - Vauxhall open day 1.jpg (0/1)

BoilerBill wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:27:13 GMT, "Pjmac35"
wrote:

"Jørn Jensen" wrote in message
k...
Hawker Hunter. Swiss AF Aerobatic Team " Patrouille Suisse" - last
scheme before they transferred to F-5E - between 1990 and 1994 -
probably!

"Peter Hucker" skrev i en meddelelse
Taken by me at Leuchars Airshow, Scotland.

Identification desired.

Look at the two link- collector tanks. They were a Hunter
modification known as "Sabrinas". Ask anyone who was in the UK in
the 60s and they''ll tell you who she was! (Probably)
regards

Pat Macguire

Seem to remember that she was the one 'found' by Ken Dodd.

If so then this is her in the 60's

From an old slide

Keith J Chesworth

It was actually Arthur Askey who discovered her.
KenH

Old August 9th 07, 08:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
marush

CB wrote:
Blackpool Airshow 2007. Seen here commencing her take off down runway
28 with engineer in the second seat. Departing back home to their
Linconshire base. The Red Arrows performed a spectacular show of
precision airmanship over the weekend. They are 'simply the best'
(Canon 350D + Sigma 50-500 EX APO DG)

The only relationship between this and the aircraft originally posted is the
the Hawker Hunter was manufactured at Blackpool.
KenH

Old August 9th 07, 09:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

wrote:

Blackpool Airshow 2007. Seen here commencing her take off down runway 28
with engineer in the second seat. Departing back home to their Linconshire
base. The Red Arrows performed a spectacular show of precision airmanship
over the weekend. They are 'simply the best' (Canon 350D + Sigma 50-500 EX
APO DG)

Same lens as me, but I only have the 10D.
Old August 9th 07, 12:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

wrote:

"Jørn Jensen" wrote in message
k...
Hawker Hunter. Swiss AF Aerobatic Team " Patrouille Suisse" - last
scheme before they transferred to F-5E - between 1990 and 1994 -
probably!

"Peter Hucker" skrev i en meddelelse
Taken by me at Leuchars Airshow, Scotland.

Identification desired.

Look at the two link- collector tanks. They were a Hunter
modification known as "Sabrinas". Ask anyone who was in the UK in
the 60s and they''ll tell you who she was! (Probably)
regards

Pat Macguire

Seem to remember that she was the one 'found' by Ken Dodd.

If so then this is her in the 60's

From an old slide

Keith J Chesworth

It was actually Arthur Askey who discovered her.
KenH

Discovered her what?

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old August 9th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
BoilerBill

wrote:

"Jørn Jensen" wrote in message
k...
Hawker Hunter. Swiss AF Aerobatic Team " Patrouille Suisse" - last

snip
Pat Macguire

Seem to remember that she was the one 'found' by Ken Dodd.

If so then this is her in the 60's

From an old slide

Keith J Chesworth

It was actually Arthur Askey who discovered her.
KenH

I'll accept that. Presumably he enjoyed the shade!

I remember that KD seemed to have her or someone like her about for a
long time.

Old August 11th 07, 01:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
nemo

"CB" wrote in message
Blackpool Airshow 2007. Seen here commencing her take off down runway 28
with engineer in the second seat. Departing back home to their Linconshire
base. The Red Arrows performed a spectacular show of precision airmanship
over the weekend. They are 'simply the best' (Canon 350D + Sigma 50-500 EX
APO DG)

The model of plane I don't know, but it looks like one used by the famous
Red Arrows aerobatic display team.

Google "Red Arrows". I think they have their own website.