HELP:Aeronca Champ or J3 Cub V speed?

Old May 30th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default HELP:Aeronca Champ or J3 Cub V speed?

Does anyone have a handy operation manual

to check out either Aeronca 7AC Champ or J3 Cub's V
speed? Thank you very much.

Shin

Old May 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article .com,
wrote:

Does anyone have a handy operation manual
to check out either Aeronca 7AC Champ or J3 Cub's V
speed? Thank you very much.

Which speed(s) do you want to know?
Old May 30th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Find TCDS for all FAA certified aircraft
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
| My Aeronca 11AC cruised at about 90 mph. I only have about
10 hrs of
| Champ PIC but I remeber it about 5 mph faster. In the J-3
I got about
| 70 mph. The Aeronca is 100% better airplane in everyway
other than the
| name. The Champ allows you to fly from the front, your
legs do not wrap
| around your passengers, your brakes do not run cables that
your feet
| get stuck on, you can fly the Aeronca with regular shoes,
the J-3
| requires slippers (because your feet have to wrap around
the peddle to
| access the brake), the Aeronca handles turb ok, the J-3
bobs up and
| down on any slight bump, the Aeronca will fly straight if
you let go,
| the J-3 will wonder all over the place, etc, etc. Plus, in
the Aeronca
| you can see where you are going, in the J-3, you cruise
around looking
| straight down because you have almost no in-flight,
forward vis.
| Both planes stall at 0 mph IAS, I don't recall the TAS's
but its

Old May 30th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote

the J-3 will wonder all over the place,

Jeez, I would think an airplane's life would be pretty simple. You know,
go around and fly a bit, then land, repeat when asked to do so. I wonder
what they are thinking about, when they wonder about things, all over the
place. bfg (ducking, now! ;-))
--
Jim in NC

Old May 30th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Both planes stall at 0 mph IAS, . . .

Wow! Does that also mean that perpetual motion really exists and P
really does equal nP?

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old May 30th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

This is exactly what I need. I found the Champ document at this
website. Thank you very much, Robert.

Shin

Old May 30th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Wow! Does that also mean that perpetual motion really exists and P
really does equal nP?

No, it just means the installation error of the pitot tube exceeds the
TAS at the stall.

-Robert

Old May 31st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:
Jeez, I would think an airplane's life would be pretty simple. You know,
go around and fly a bit, then land, repeat when asked to do so. I wonder
what they are thinking about, when they wonder about things, all over the
place. bfg (ducking, now! ;-))
Jim in NC

My little brother used to say that when he grows up, he wants to be a
firetruck. I'll ask him, since I think he's got some airplane friends.
tom yabfg

Old May 31st 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 30 May 2006 09:58:06 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

The Aeronca is 100% better airplane in everyway other than the
name.

And looks, and resale value, and historical association ...

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email: usenet AT danford DOT net

Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com

V Speeds [email protected] Piloting 22 March 16th 06 09:20 PM
Landing and T/O distances (Was Cold War ALternate Basing) Guy Alcala Military Aviation 3 August 13th 04 12:18 PM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
Va and turbulent air penetration speed. Doug Instrument Flight Rules 70 January 11th 04 08:35 PM