Spokane Soaring Society

Old July 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Spokane Soaring Society

To All,

I went on Sunday to fly at the Spokane Soaring Society, a club which is
located in Deer Park, WA. I had to satisfy some insurance requirements
and had to have a cockpit check with a CFI-G. I was met at the Deer
Park airport by George Moore, one of the clubs CFI's.....this gentleman
was very helpful for lack of better word. He helped me with the
assembly/disassembly process, got me a tow pilot, helped me with the
launch, did the paper work for my insurance co. and basically stayed
there all day because of me. And I was the only one flying that day.
Well, at the end of the day I asked him how much money do I owned to
him for his time and services rendered. He declined to take any money.
I was genuinely impressed. The guy spend the whole day with me, just
for me and he refused to be compensated??? It is beyond me.

The second person that was very impressive was the tow pilot. Terry
with his dog Barney are just a perfect addition to that club.

I would suggest to any pilot passing through the Washington State to
stop at the Spokane Soaring, get a tow, do some flying in that area. It
is well worth it. I don't belong to Spokane Soaring but they will be
flying at Bonners Ferry in ID these next 2 weekends and even though it
is a quite a distance to drive for me I will joined them for at least
one weekend of flying at Bonners. And for this kind of service they
deserve a praise.

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State

Old July 18th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeffrey Banks

Eric,

I enjoyed my visit from Alaska to Eastern WA this summer (region 8
contest). I wish I could of visited Richland and Spokane and Wenachee
and the whole task area.

The soaring is great and the people are friendly. I am sure the folks
at Spokane are also. The land out dirt is as soft as a baby's powdered
behind, and I see how the dust devils get their content.

Jeff Banks
AC5M
Alaska