My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

Old October 13th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gene Seibel

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

On Oct 13, 3:33 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:

Of course, those who still live out in the sticks will need some other
way to get around. This will be the rail lines, just like in the old
days, or they will fly, as God intended. New airports will spring up
like flowers after a rain. Flight instructors will be busy. The little
planes will no longer bother anybody because everyone will realize they
are necessary. Aircraft manufacturers will finally have the incentive
to innovate and produce airplanes in reasonable numbers.

Sounds good to me.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old October 14th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Sounds good to me.

Me, too.

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 14th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

In rec.aviation.owning Jay Honeck wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Me, too.

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

A trip to a client site is typically 50 miles one way for me.

Thankfully I can do a lot of things remotely.

The last time I was able to walk to work was in the Army.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old October 14th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Noel

In article . com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

Sounds good to me.

Me, too.

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.

Just a note if you ever consider a gas/electric hybrid, with such a short
commute you probably won't see the book gas mileage because the
engine needs to warm up before it will shutoff while driving.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old October 14th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Of course, those who still live out in the sticks will need some other
way to get around. This will be the rail lines, just like in the old
days, or they will fly, as God intended. New airports will spring up
like flowers after a rain. Flight instructors will be busy. The little
planes will no longer bother anybody because everyone will realize they
are necessary. Aircraft manufacturers will finally have the incentive
to innovate and produce airplanes in reasonable numbers.
.stuff snipped above and here

This all assumes that Joe Average Goober is smart enough to be trained
in the skills/art of flying an airplane.

Then again, airplane operation does tend to stick pretty closely to the
Laws of Natural Selection (the dumb ones are removed from the gene
pool). Maybe in 4 or 5 generations the actual average intelligence level
will rise if more people took up flying...

O.K. Hopefully our more "sensitive" readers will recognize the dark
humor above and not go ballistic.

Be Careful out There
Mike
Old October 14th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Just a note if you ever consider a gas/electric hybrid, with such a short
commute you probably won't see the book gas mileage because the
engine needs to warm up before it will shutoff while driving.

Nah, I want a pure electric vehicle. Plug & play.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 14th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Just a note if you ever consider a gas/electric hybrid, with such a short
commute you probably won't see the book gas mileage because the
engine needs to warm up before it will shutoff while driving.

Nah, I want a pure electric vehicle. Plug & play.

That is plug and PAY, Jay, plug and PAY.

And given our impending shortage of electrical generation capacity,
people who move this direction are going to pay dearly in 10-15 years
.... unless they can ramp up the nuclear power plants a lot faster than I
think they can.

Matt
Old October 14th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Ash

In rec.aviation.student Matt Whiting wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Just a note if you ever consider a gas/electric hybrid, with such a short
commute you probably won't see the book gas mileage because the
engine needs to warm up before it will shutoff while driving.

Nah, I want a pure electric vehicle. Plug & play.

That is plug and PAY, Jay, plug and PAY.

And given our impending shortage of electrical generation capacity,
people who move this direction are going to pay dearly in 10-15 years
... unless they can ramp up the nuclear power plants a lot faster than I
think they can.

In 10-15 years it's probably time to replace that car anyway.

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software
Old October 14th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dallas

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:06:21 -0700, Jay Honeck wrote:

Nah, I want a pure electric vehicle. Plug & play.

Just buy a golf cart...

--
Dallas
Old October 14th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
Just a note if you ever consider a gas/electric hybrid, with such a short
commute you probably won't see the book gas mileage because the
engine needs to warm up before it will shutoff while driving.

Nah, I want a pure electric vehicle. Plug & play.

How is the electricity generated?