Our Worst Nightmare?

Old January 3rd 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
alank

Default Our Worst Nightmare?

Pick One :

1 - Avgas goes to $10
2 - User Fees
3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an
instructor.......

Old January 3rd 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"alank" wrote in message
Pick One :

1 - Avgas goes to $10

That's my pick

2 - User Fees

I'd never ask for flight following again.

3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an
instructor.......

The instructor states: "Here's one area where Microsoft does not accurately
simulate real flight", as he throws him out at 5000'

Old January 3rd 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

alank wrote:
1 - Avgas goes to $10
2 - User Fees
3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an instructor.......

I'd pick:

4 - Anonymous immature types like you continue to spam the group with
your strange teenager-like obsession over Mxsmanic.

But at least you didn't lazily top-post a hundred lines of postings
with a one-liner attempt at a joke, like a few infamous people here do.
Yet.

Old January 4th 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article TC4nh.548121$1T2.152666@pd7urf2no, "PPSEL-student"
wrote:

4 - Anonymous immature types like you continue to spam the group with
your strange teenager-like obsession over Mxsmanic.

But at least you didn't lazily top-post a hundred lines of postings
with a one-liner attempt at a joke, like a few infamous people here do.
Yet.

So what is wrong with top posting???

you really don't know?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old January 4th 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

PPSEL-student wrote:
So what is wrong with top posting???

Do you read a book from the bottom of the page to the top? We tend to
read in chronological order and it is nice to post in that order as
well. If you are going to top post and assume that folks don't need to
read what has been written previously, then just snip the entire quote
and save the bandwidth.

Matt
Old January 4th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Matt Whiting wrote:
Do you read a book from the bottom of the page to the top? We tend to
read in chronological order and it is nice to post in that order as
well. If you are going to top post and assume that folks don't need to
read what has been written previously, then just snip the entire quote
and save the bandwidth.

My main complaint with either type of posting is where somebody is too lazy to
trim his quotation. You end up with an archive of the entire thread attached to
the post. You also end up with a message I won't read.

If I have to scroll down to see where your answer begins, I won't.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old January 4th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

alank wrote:
Pick One :

1 - Avgas goes to $10
2 - User Fees
3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an
instructor.......

I can top that - substitute Skylune for #3, get Phil Boyer to fly him
in his 172 & observe the time/space continuum dissolve : )

Old January 4th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune

Kingfish wrote:
alank wrote:
Pick One :

1 - Avgas goes to $10
2 - User Fees
3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an
instructor.......

I can top that - substitute Skylune for #3, get Phil Boyer to fly him
in his 172 & observe the time/space continuum dissolve : )

Skylune responding that, having seen pictures of the Destroyer's gut, I
would be the one landing the craft solo. Wouldn't even need the
Mossberg.

Old January 4th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune

Skylune wrote:
Kingfish wrote:
alank wrote:
Pick One :

1 - Avgas goes to $10
2 - User Fees
3 - Mxsmanic gets a AOPA membership (get a free hat), a pilots book (not a
simulated one), and finally, a "drive" in an actual airplane with an
instructor.......

I can top that - substitute Skylune for #3, get Phil Boyer to fly him
in his 172 & observe the time/space continuum dissolve : )

Skylune responding that, having seen pictures of the Destroyer's gut, I
would be the one landing the craft solo. Wouldn't even need the
Mossberg.

Just to be cautious, however, I'd bring along a good friend who would
wait on the ground until I got back safely. He looks something like
this (I own a smaller version of the same t-shirt):

http://www.thoseshirts.com/atf.html

;-)

Nightmare (long story) JJS Owning 7 April 2nd 06 11:34 PM
Southern California airports have worst runway safety records Larry Dighera Piloting 0 November 26th 05 04:48 PM
Four crashes this month have already made August the worst monthfor aircraft losses StopPoliticallyCorrectTyranny Piloting 0 August 20th 05 02:35 PM
Be ready for the worst! Ed Byars Soaring 20 April 6th 04 03:03 AM
World's worst airplane disaster Mike Military Aviation 5 December 10th 03 11:08 AM