Recreation of doomed flight on HISTORY channel

Old April 9th 05, 11:23 PM
aviation buff

Default Recreation of doomed flight on HISTORY channel

HI all!

Did anyone out there in airplane land enjoy last night's documentary of AA11
(first to crash flight in NYC) as much as I did? I'm sure there will be
repeats in the near future for those whom missed it.

I just wanted to ask those of you serious airline pilots, whom did view the
show, comment on how accurate and well-done the doc. was done?

I also wanted to share with the rest of you, seeing as how I'm former
Center ATC striker, how STUPID and CLUELESS the controller appeared. I
realize that is was only acting but if you consider ONLY the transcript of
ARTCC, I say the controller was very slow to call in the supv. THAT
really bothered me. Don't you agree?

Old April 9th 05, 11:28 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "aviation buff" said:
ARTCC, I say the controller was very slow to call in the supv. THAT
really bothered me. Don't you agree?

It's very easy to second guess now that you *know* airliners can be used
as weapons. On September 11th 2001, people didn't know that the way you
do now.

It's sort of like all those people who went out to explore the newly
exposed sea floor just before the tsunami hit in the Pacific. Sure, I
remember reading that a suddenly vastly lowered sea level is a precursor
of a tsunami in James Mitchener's Hawaii about 25 years ago, but would I
have remember that little factoid if I'd been on the beach in Thailand on
that day? Maybe, maybe not.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"How do you feel about women's rights?"