New SSA YouTube Channel

Old February 18th 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default New SSA YouTube Channel

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:22:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SSAsoaring/featured

A link to your new SSA YouTube channel. This is very preliminary and will take a few weeks, perhaps months to get rolling at full speed. I need your help! Email me at with links to youtube video's, channels and playlists that you think should be featured on the SSA page. We are working on an FTP site to allow SSA pilots to "donate" video's to be uploaded at this channel, etc.

Please subscribe to this new SSA channel and follow it, share with your friends on Facebook, twitter and via email.

Thanks,

Sean

Apologies to all concerned, not Sean's fault, but we actually just discovered that the SSA has an existing YouTube channel at
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoaringSocietySSA
Please subscribe there. I have no idea how that slipped by me.....As there are only 14 subscribers, it may have been a secret. We would definitely like to have you subscriber and what Sean said above certainly applies. You can also follow the SSA on Twitter @SoaringSociety

Frank Whiteley
Old February 18th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeff Casto[_2_]

It looks like there are only 3 videos posted to this YouTube channel. Can
the SSA wbsite videos be uploaded to it?

Jeff

At 02:02 18 February 2013, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:22:44 PM UTC-7,
wro=
te:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SSAsoaring/featured
=20
=20
=20
A link to your new SSA YouTube channel. This is very preliminary and

wil=
l take a few weeks, perhaps months to get rolling at full speed. I need
yo=
ur help! Email me at with links to
youtu=
be video's, channels and playlists that you think should be featured on
the=
SSA page. We are working on an FTP site to allow SSA pilots to "donate"
vi=
deo's to be uploaded at this channel, etc.=20
=20
=20
=20

Old February 18th 13, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

It appears that there has been some significant confusion about YouTube and the SSA already has a YouTube channel.

I have been asked to shut this new one down now that it has come to their attention that a channel already exists. :-)

I have also been asked to invite the 40 or so who have subscribed to this new channel to join the original. :-)

At this time, I have no idea how to find this original SSA YouTube channel unfortunately. I have searched a bit but am unable to find one. The only other SSA related channel I have been able to find is the LetsGoGliding channel. Can anyone identify a link to the SSAs previously existing YouTube channel? Please post here if you do...

On behalf of the SSA, sorry for this confusion.

Happy soaring,

Sean
F2
Old February 18th 13, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Old February 18th 13, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Found this one as well: http://m.youtube.com/user/thesoaringsociety
Old February 18th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim - 77

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:02:40 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:22:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SSAsoaring/featured

OK, I subscribed but how do we add a playlist to this site above....I can't see how to do it when I go there....I sent an email to the site but have not heard back from anyone yet.

Jim Price

Old February 18th 13, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Jim,

Thanks very much for your interest in adding a relevant soaring video playlist to the SSA YouTube channel. Unfortunately there has been a small mix up and several YouTube accounts already existed under the direction of the SSA team. We were not aware of them as of yesterday. I was asked to remove the new channel/account (which I created yesterday) at the SSA's request. I have therefore deleted the latest SSA YouTube channel (which you say in this thread and subscribed to yesterday) per those instructions.

You can send the playlist you recommend to the existing SSA YouTube administrator via an emailed link and he/she can add this content for you. Unfortunately, I am not sure who the SSA YouTube administrator is right now. Hopefully this will be announced shortly.

Having multiple SSA channels is certainly not a desirable path. Once this is sorted out, I think we all can agree that FAR more attention and effort needs to be made on all of the SSA's social media tools in order to attract, excite and inspire new, young pilots into the sport and our organization. Young people are not going to be interested in pictures and static websites where the content is refreshed rarely if at all.

I believe the SSA wishes to embrace social media (in the near future) in a manner that is more than just superficial or a checkbox. It is critical for the SSA to increase its commitment to social media communication channels and therefore increase its visibility to youth and professional people. This process will take time as modernizing the SSA's communication strategy (static website and internal member focused) is much more than "just having an account/channel." To be successful, social media must become central to the way an organization communicates with the public, especially youth. This will take some time and I believe a strategy will be developed at some point in the near future.

Sincerely,

Sean
F2

Old February 18th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim - 77

On Monday, February 18, 2013 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
[...]

Thanks Sean,

I sent the link to the email address associated with the SSA site...hopefully someone will add the playlist...and that others with videos will do the same

Jim Price

New YouTube Video jim wynhoff Soaring 1 September 10th 11 05:37 PM
A YouTube classic Mark Piloting 4 October 1st 10 07:18 PM
HD YouTube videos bildan Soaring 0 November 13th 09 08:39 PM
Red Bull Air Races dedicated YouTube channel Larry Dighera Piloting 3 June 4th 08 10:54 PM
OLC and YouTube Paul Cordell Soaring 0 January 4th 08 07:59 PM