This is one for the books.

Old April 7th 05, 10:41 PM
Blueskies

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message news:x3g5e.889$hB6.333@trnddc06...
Depends on your perspective. Personally, I don't particularly like daylight savings time in the first
place.

That's about the only thing I agree with in this discussion. I don't like DST at all. It is an outdated primitive way to
control peoples actions. If you want more daylight at the end of your day, get up earlier!

Old April 7th 05, 10:46 PM
Peter Duniho

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
[...] if all the house lights
don't go on for another hour into the evening, the energy savings could be
substantial.

I guess that depends on your definition of "substantial". 10,000 barrels
out of 20 million doesn't sound substantial to me, even if we could save
that every day of the year (rather than the two months daylight saving, no
"s", time would be extended). There are lots better, more practical and
more effective ways to conserve energy than this.

When we have no way to save 10%, 1%, 0.1%, 0.01%, and 0.001% of our daily
energy consumption, then maybe we can worry about something like this.
Until then, I'd say this is either a suggestion from someone without their
brain engaged, or it's a suggestion from someone with a hidden agenda (ie,
the change would profit someone other than the American people).

Since we're talking about a Congressperson here, it's hard to tell the
difference sometimes, but either way it ain't good.

Pete

Old April 8th 05, 12:01 AM
Morgans

"Blueskies" wrote

If you want more daylight at the end of your day, get up earlier!

That assumes you have control (many people do not) over your assigned
working hours. You know what assuming means.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 8th 05, 02:04 AM
Blueskies

"Morgans" wrote in message ...

"Blueskies" wrote

If you want more daylight at the end of your day, get up earlier!

That assumes you have control (many people do not) over your assigned
working hours. You know what assuming means.
--
Jim in NC

Then the employer should work with their folks to set the hours, rather than having the gov't mandate it for all...

Old April 8th 05, 04:16 AM
Montblack

("Blueskies" wrote)
Then the employer should work with their folks to set the hours, rather
than having the gov't mandate it for all...

A: That'll never happen.

B: We like DST.

We really, really like DST - there, I just voted twice.

Mont and Black

Old April 8th 05, 04:57 AM
Earl Grieda

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Blueskies" wrote

If you want more daylight at the end of your day, get up earlier!

That assumes you have control (many people do not) over your assigned
working hours. You know what assuming means.
--
Jim in NC

Then the employer should work with their folks to set the hours, rather

than having the gov't mandate it for all...

Since the government "mandates" the time whether it is DST or not, what is
your point?

Old April 8th 05, 01:34 PM
Blueskies

"Earl Grieda" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Blueskies" wrote

If you want more daylight at the end of your day, get up earlier!

That assumes you have control (many people do not) over your assigned
working hours. You know what assuming means.
--
Jim in NC

Then the employer should work with their folks to set the hours, rather

than having the gov't mandate it for all...

Since the government "mandates" the time whether it is DST or not, what is
your point?

I suppose that is true. Maybe we should all refer to Zulu? My point is changing the time around only throws things out
of whack, like jet lag...

Old April 8th 05, 02:00 PM
bob

Does anyone ever wonder how a govt so notoriously incompetent and
unable to accomplish even minor tasks could have EVER pulled of
anything so incredibly convoluted and complex as manipulating TIME... I
still find it hard to believe...

Old April 8th 05, 02:18 PM
Jay Honeck

We really, really like DST - there, I just voted twice.

Add two more votes.

In fact, I would vote to get rid of "regular" time (whatever that is) and
just keep it on "daylight saving time" -- since it's all arbitrary anyway.

Even here in Iowa, farmers are a tiny percentage. Why in the world we make
our whole world revolve around "milking time" anymore is just beyond me --
give me evening daylight!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 8th 05, 02:39 PM
Blueskies

"bob" wrote in message ups.com...
Does anyone ever wonder how a govt so notoriously incompetent and
unable to accomplish even minor tasks could have EVER pulled of
anything so incredibly convoluted and complex as manipulating TIME... I
still find it hard to believe...

It took Benjamin Franklin's prowess and diplomacy...