Charlotte, NC Flying Clubs

Old April 15th 05, 10:46 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

wondernut wrote:
Thanks for the tips everyone. I checked out Wilgrove and the Charlotte club
($2400/yr dues thats steep even for here in the Bay Area!). Are there more
local clubs or rental FBO's at Monroe, Concord or elsewhere that just don't
have websites?
I don't see much listed on AirNav.com either.
Lots of Pipers on the websites I found. Guess I'll have to try to go low
wing.

Rock Hill Aviation has two C-172s at either $85 or $95 per hour depending on
whether you want GPS. No monthly fees... pay for what you use. I looked at the
Charlotte Club as well and thought the monthly fees were outrageous.

http://flyuza.com

I found the prices to be a little steep but I've been out of flying for 15 years
and just got my medical back a couple of weeks ago. The last time I had to rent
a C-172 I paid $42 per hour but that was back when you had to share the airways
with pteradactyls.

Anyway, nice folks down there, and GPS is pretty neat. I've downloaded a 240
page manual from Garmin... definitely not for the man with the flashing 12:00 on
his VCR.

Welcome to Charlotte.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old April 15th 05, 03:36 PM
Dave Butler

GEG wrote:
Concord - that's what the other respondents said.
Concord Mills Mall is right about there.
it's a nice looking airport.
Must have a tower because of the race track and the
traffic associated with that.

Yep. Don't expect to have the full attention of ATC or the FBO if you happen to
go there while there's a race going on. Never seen such foul-ups.

DGB
Old April 15th 05, 03:47 PM
wondernut

Rock Hill looks like a nicely run, friendly outfit from their website.
I will definitely visit them if we end up moving to NC.
Thanks.