Old Cambridge vario

Old February 15th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Old Cambridge vario

I've got an old Cambridge Electric Vario ( 5mts) which model or serial
number can't be found in any part of the instrument. It has a 3
possition switch to change the scale (0.5, 1.0, 2.0).

Behind the instrument there is an hexagonal plug (apparently for the
audio device).

It was working fine until we sent it for callibration, apparently
something worng was done and it doesn't work any more.

As there is no available information about this instrument, I would
very much appreciate if anyone could send me a manual/electric
diagrram/ and also a reference about how to connect the audio device

This instrument is very simmilar to the one shown in the folllowing
link. (third picture and without the box)

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page20.htm

All help is wellcome

Thank you

Old February 15th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi,

I am pretty sure that you have a "Mk 4" vario. A manual is available he
http://www.bas.uk.net/manuals.html

Thank you Dickie Feakes for keeping these old Cambridge manuals available
online.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

oups.com...

Old February 16th 06, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

At 17:24 15 February 2006, Pupo Terso Std. Austria
wrote:
[...]

May well be the CAV-ll model.

I have some scans of instructions on computer (in four
parts).
These may not be of great value if the thing is completely
kaputt - but probably better than nothing !

Please contact me directly if you want me to mail these
to you.

Bald Pilot.

UK.

Old February 16th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you.

Dickie Feakes site was a discover...

Regards
Pupo

Cambridge Vario Front Glass Sandy Stevenson Soaring 10 December 20th 05 04:54 PM
Old Cambridge Vario Wiring Stewart Hamey Soaring 3 November 11th 05 12:40 AM
Old Cambridge Vario Wiring Stewart Hamey Soaring 1 November 2nd 05 10:01 PM
Old Cambridge Vario Wiring Stewart Hamey Soaring 0 October 31st 05 01:08 AM
FS: Cambridge & Ball Vario Tim Hanke Soaring 3 October 1st 05 01:30 PM