Lightspeed Excellent Service

Old January 4th 04, 02:57 PM
S Ramirez

Default Lightspeed Excellent Service

I don't want this to sound like an advertisement for Lightspeed Aviation,
but I have to hail any company that has outstanding service.

My wife has a pair of 25XL headsets whose "stirrup" broke recently. We also
have some 20XL headsets that are used for passengers. They had a screw
missing along with some ear seals that had the outer skin cracking. I
called up the Lightspeed service department, fully intending on trading up
to a new pair of headsets to "fix the problem." I think the guy's name was
John, but he proactively told me that I could fix all of my problems with
some replacement hardware and written instructions. I decided to try this
instead.

Two days later a Priority Mail package arrived with the replacement hardware
and well written instructions on how to do it all. I now have two
Lightspeed functional headsets that look as good as the day they arrived. I
am very happy with the excellent service that Lightspeed provided. I wish
other companies would implement this business model as a way of ensuring a
loyal customer base. Shortsighted companies do not last.

My next pair of headsets is a Thirty 3G.

Simon Ramirez, Aerocanard Builder and Pilot
Oviedo, FL USA

Old January 5th 04, 02:25 PM
Bonanza Man

i second that.

had a unit that wasn't working too well. they fixed it,
tightened the mike-boom and covered with whatchamacalit
and returned it within a week.

now if only they can do something about the rabbit-ears.

Old January 5th 04, 04:23 PM
SFM

I agree Lightspeed has great service. But too bad that a great majority of
us have to utilize it. I wish they would make their equipment more reliable
instead. I recently traded out my 203Gs for DCs because I feel the risk of
my headset failing in IMC is too great. I have had 3 LS headsets and all but
one of them has needed service within 12months of purchase.

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
-------------------------------------
"S Ramirez" wrote in
message . com...

Old January 5th 04, 07:36 PM
Jay Honeck

I agree Lightspeed has great service. But too bad that a great majority of
us have to utilize it. I wish they would make their equipment more

reliable
instead.

They HAVE responded, and made their products more robust. My Twenty 3Gs are
MUCH more durable than either my 25XLs or my 15s.

Sadly, my 15s have broken again -- for the *fourth* time. This time the
earpieces have degraded (the covering over the foam is torn and
disintegrating, the stirrups holding the ear-cups to the head band have BOTH
snapped, and the head cushion retaining piece has broken.

In their defense, LightSpeed is once again sending me ALL the replacement
parts, free of charge. Amazing.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 04, 07:55 PM
EDR

In article , SFM wrote:

I agree Lightspeed has great service. But too bad that a great majority of
us have to utilize it. I wish they would make their equipment more reliable
instead. I recently traded out my 203Gs for DCs because I feel the risk of
my headset failing in IMC is too great. I have had 3 LS headsets and all but
one of them has needed service within 12months of purchase.

Better still, what does this tell you about the price of their products
that they can afford to perform so much free service?
Old January 5th 04, 10:11 PM
Cub Driver

I agree Lightspeed has great service. But too bad that a great majority of
us have to utilize it.

Absolutely. How long since you've seen a thread on Davey Clark repair
services?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 5th 04, 11:30 PM
Jay Honeck

Absolutely. How long since you've seen a thread on Davey Clark repair
services?

Trouble is, they're made so strong that they weigh a ton, and hurt my head.

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 04, 12:20 AM
EDR

In article BsmKb.753360$Tr4.2093452@attbi_s03, Jay Honeck
wrote:

Absolutely. How long since you've seen a thread on Davey Clark repair
services?

Trouble is, they're made so strong that they weigh a ton, and hurt my head.

That's because you haven't worn them for twenty years or more like some
of us have.
Old January 6th 04, 12:45 AM
Peter Duniho

"EDR" wrote in message
Better still, what does this tell you about the price of their products
that they can afford to perform so much free service?

What is that supposed to mean? Even if Lightspeed is losing money on the
free service, as a business in a competitive market they cannot afford NOT
to provide that kind of service.

The free service tells me nothing about the price of their products. What
does it tell you?

Pete

Old January 6th 04, 02:18 AM
Teacherjh

The free service tells me nothing about the price of their products. What
does it tell you?

They are still in business. Therefore they can afford the "free" service.
Therefore the cost of this "free" service is built into the price of the
headsets.

That makes them more expensive than they otherwise would be.

More expensive than if they simply made them right to begin with? Dunno.
That's their call.

My call is David Clark.

Jose

Air Force Chief Sounds Off as Service Birthday Approaches Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 18th 04 03:54 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Service Spares Letters O. Sami Saydjari Owning 5 December 26th 03 05:36 AM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Owning 75 August 25th 03 04:45 PM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Piloting 76 August 25th 03 04:45 PM