New Condor Scenery: Mifflin!

Old May 16th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lucky Klassen

Default New Condor Scenery: Mifflin!

I just downloaded the new Mifflin scenery addition to Condor Flight
Sim. I have never flown out of Mifflin in real life (yet-...must
rework the Lak-12 trailer...). I took a ASW-22 up for a flight and
recognised many terrain features from my favorite soaring movie "A
Fine Week of Soaring". The best one being the notch in the ridge on
approach to the airport.

If you have not tried Condor it is simply the best soaring simulator
out there.

http://www.condorsoaring.com/

The Mifflin scenery is located he

http://www.speedbattle.com/downloads.php?lang=en

Racing can be found anytime he

http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist.php

Right now they are running a "virtual contest" with the real Handweide
contest.

http://hww07.hahnweide.com/en/participants.php

Old May 16th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Lucky Klassen wrote:
I just downloaded the new Mifflin scenery addition to Condor Flight
Sim. I have never flown out of Mifflin in real life (yet-...must
rework the Lak-12 trailer...). I took a ASW-22 up for a flight and
recognised many terrain features from my favorite soaring movie "A
Fine Week of Soaring". The best one being the notch in the ridge on
approach to the airport.

If you have not tried Condor it is simply the best soaring simulator
out there.

http://www.condorsoaring.com/

The Mifflin scenery is located he

http://www.speedbattle.com/downloads.php?lang=en

Racing can be found anytime he

http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist.php

Right now they are running a "virtual contest" with the real Handweide
contest.

http://hww07.hahnweide.com/en/participants.php

That reminded me that I wanted to buy Condor -which I tried to do, unsuccessfully.

Has anybody else been having trouble with the Condor paymwent gateway or is this
personal?

Bruce
Old May 16th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On May 16, 10:28 am, Bruce wrote:
Lucky Klassen wrote:
[...]

Picked up a copy about a month ago without problems.

Frank

Old May 16th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Bruce" wrote in message
Lucky Klassen wrote:
I just downloaded the new Mifflin scenery addition to Condor Flight
Sim. I have never flown out of Mifflin in real life (yet-...must

That reminded me that I wanted to buy Condor -which I tried to do,
unsuccessfully.

Has anybody else been having trouble with the Condor paymwent gateway or
is this personal?

Bruce

Didn't work for me either (a few months ago).

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old May 17th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

Condor has upgraded their servers over the last few weeks. It's possible
some payment links are broken. Send them an e-mail

Bill Daniels

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
news:BeGdnTWQTIOd7dbbnZ2dnUVZ_rWnnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old May 17th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_3_]

Lucky Klassen wrote:
I just downloaded the new Mifflin scenery addition to Condor Flight
Sim. I have never flown out of Mifflin in real life (yet-...must
rework the Lak-12 trailer...). I took a ASW-22 up for a flight and
recognised many terrain features from my favorite soaring movie "A
Fine Week of Soaring". The best one being the notch in the ridge on
approach to the airport.

If you have not tried Condor it is simply the best soaring simulator
out there.

http://www.condorsoaring.com/

The Mifflin scenery is located he

http://www.speedbattle.com/downloads.php?lang=en

Racing can be found anytime he

http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist.php

Right now they are running a "virtual contest" with the real Handweide
contest.

http://hww07.hahnweide.com/en/participants.php

Contact your credit card company and let them now you're trying to make
a foreign purchase if you're credit card isn't working. I assume you're
in the US-we're all Mericans here aren't we ;-)
That's what it took for me in Jan.

Shawn
Old May 17th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Condor uses Share*It for payment processing and electronic delivery.
Share*It's payment processing servers are actually in Germany since
this is a German based company and they seem to have problems at times
with their system rejecting international transactions even when your
bank says that they didn't block anything or never even received a
transaction request.

I didn't have any problems purchasing Condor but when I got a new
license key for SeeYou (Naviter uses Share*It as well) I had all kinds
of problems with my (US) credit card being denied even after I called
my bank to make sure that they didn't block the transaction for
whatever security reason. I eventually managed to get the payment
through using a different (US) card from a different bank.

Try a different card and have a word with your bank to make sure that
they didn't block it because of a German IP address requesting the
transaction. It can get pretty frustrating if you are trying to do a
simple and fully legitimate $50 transaction and end up fighting global
fraud protection routines on several levels...

Markus

Old May 17th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Markus Graeber wrote:
[...]

I'm in South Africa. Regularly transact this way - my card provider knows this.

As Shawn surmised it is the card company's fraud protection/money laundering bit
that is not working. It demands a CSP registration - both on cards that have
active CSP, and one that does not - links through to the local bank to activate
CSP, and then it dies.

It appears to be a Mastercard+ShareIt thing, they are not registered CSP
protected vendors, but either their payment gateway, or the local bank is
demanding it. Had no problem a couple of months back when I upgraded See you,
but things might have changed.

Will test with another international provider. Any excuse to buy more toys.
Old May 17th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
alex8735

Condor is the best gliding simulator available. Besides being a fun
alternative on rainy winter days condor may have real training
potential. The feel of competition and XC soaring is conveyed very
well in many aspects. The direct comparison to the people you are
flying against quickly show the high kost of useless circles or flying
poor lift. Beginners with condor competition experience will probably
be more aware of their real life mistakes and learn more quickly. The
MacReady theorie plays an important role in condor and therefore
offers an alternative training method to real life flying (It should
be kept in mind that the MacReady theorie plays a more important role
in condor than in real life).

To me the NMEA output of condor offers the highest training potential.
I use GPS_Log on my PDA and find it very helpful to be able to test
different settings with realistic input data. If you come across a
problem you can easily press pause and read up on it in the manual.
This has greatly raised my confidence in the data made available in
the PDA because I now now what the effect of different settings have
and do not get unexpected readings anymore.

Condor also has its limits. The pure feel and joy of flying will never
be simulated. The weather models are missing all the little subtleties
which make real life flying so interesting. One of the most beautiful
things in real life soaring is that you always see something new, no
two flights are ever the same. This is something condor is far from
being able to simulate.

Old May 17th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On May 16, 1:18 pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On May 16, 10:28 am, Bruce wrote:

Lucky Klassen wrote:
[...]

BTW, I used PayPal

Frank

"Scenery\World\Scenery" from P4 Pc into Laptop? Ulrich Sudhaus Simulators 0 July 15th 06 09:29 AM
Condor Soaring Jacob Olsen Soaring 7 January 5th 06 12:11 PM
FS2002-Scenery & X-Plane7-Scenery Angus Lepper Simulators 0 October 17th 03 05:54 PM
FS2002-Scenery & X-Plane7-Scenery Bernd Aldenhövel Simulators 1 October 16th 03 02:26 PM
MS FS 2002 Pro - scenery accuracy and the VFR UK scenery Gary Simulators 4 July 15th 03 03:34 PM