Flying to Pittsburgh

Old October 3rd 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default Flying to Pittsburgh

I'm going down to visit my daughter at Pitt this weekend. I've flown
there once before, landing at Allegheny County (KAGC). I have a couple of
questions:

- Last time, on departure, they gave me a full route clearance including
an intersection that was hard to find on my L-chart. I think it was
ZORBO. Unfortunately I lost the piece of paper I wrote the clearance
down on. I talked to somebody else who'd flown there and he said he
gets the same clearance every time. Does anybody know what that route
is?

- The hotel I got this time is near the Pittsburght International Airport.
Is KPIT reasonably GA friendly, or is it likely to cost me a lot more
money than flying to KAGC?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Unfortunately, you go to war with the Secretary of Defense you have, not
Old October 6th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
vincent norris

Paul Tomblin wrote:
I'm going down to visit my daughter at Pitt this weekend.

- The hotel I got this time is near the Pittsburght International Airport.
Is KPIT reasonably GA friendly, or is it likely to cost me a lot more
money than flying to KAGC?

I haven't been there for a few years, but in case you don't get a more
up-to-date response: I've always been treated well by AC and the Tower,
but yes, it's considerably more expensive.

I live east of PIT, and I nearly always get departure on 28R, right turn
to 360 to Elwood City VOR, then on course.

vince norris
Old October 6th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 10/2/2007 8:48:28 PM, wrote:

Does anybody know what that route
is?

FlightAware.com has a common IFR routes page that, by entering departing and
destination airports, will display IFR routes given to other aircraft.
Experiment with different airports surrounding both your departing and
destination if your actual airports do not work and be aware that some routes
displayed will be high altitude routes.

http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/

--
Peter