Inspection passed!

Old November 2nd 03, 09:07 PM
Dave Hyde

Default Inspection passed!

After 1800 hours and 12 years RV-4 N416RV was inspected
today, and I have the airworthiness certificate in hand.
It was much less painful than I expected :-) The DAR
spent about an hour and a half looking over the airplane
and asking questions, and about a half an hour filling
out paperwork. He had some good ideas and some
pointers - and caught a few things that needed to be
adjusted prior to flight (and now have been). He said
that homebuilts, in his experience, tended to fall in
two categories - really nice or really scary. I guess
mine wasn't too scary g

All in all it was a pleasant experience. As he said
as he handed me the AC, "Now you're ready to fly...
or at least LEGAL to fly."

Now all the minor milestones are out of the way.
The big one, the only one that really matters, is
yet to come. Taking what's left of the weekend off.
Medium speed taxi tests late this week.

Dave 'barely legal' Hyde

Old November 2nd 03, 09:39 PM
Barnyard BOb --

All in all it was a pleasant experience. As he said
as he handed me the AC, "Now you're ready to fly...
or at least LEGAL to fly."

Now all the minor milestones are out of the way.
The big one, the only one that really matters, is
yet to come. Taking what's left of the weekend off.
Medium speed taxi tests late this week.

Dave 'barely legal' Hyde

++++++++++++++++++++

Congrats, Dave and.....
Sleep well between now and that first flight. g

Barnyard BOb -- motivated Vans RV driver

Old November 3rd 03, 12:09 AM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html

pBarnyard BOb -- wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEAll in all it was a pleasant experience.  As
he said
bras he handed me the AC, "Now you're ready to fly...
bror at least LEGAL to fly."
br
brNow all the minor milestones are out of the way.
brThe big one, the only one that really matters, is
bryet to come.  Taking what's left of the weekend off.
brMedium speed taxi tests late this week.
br
brDave 'barely legal' Hyde

br++++++++++++++++++++
pCongrats, Dave and.....
brSleep well between now and that first flight. <g
pBarnyard BOb -- motivated Vans RV driver/blockquote

pbrCONGRATS ALSO !!  OLE BIPLANE BLDR.
br /html

Old November 3rd 03, 12:57 AM
Jim Vadek

Congratulations. You stuck with it 12 years and got a DAR signoff. I'm
tipping my hat to you right now.

Old November 3rd 03, 01:42 AM
wmbjk

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message

After 1800 hours and 12 years RV-4 N416RV was inspected
today, and I have the airworthiness certificate in hand.

Congratulations! Looking forward to your reports, especially the one
about the first flight.

Wayne

Old November 3rd 03, 03:18 AM
Snowbird

Dave Hyde wrote in message ...
After 1800 hours and 12 years RV-4 N416RV was inspected
today, and I have the airworthiness certificate in hand.

Congratulations!

So why weren't you out taxiing around this afternoon?
About 5 pm we could even have served you Champagne

Sydney (took my turn)
Old November 3rd 03, 04:17 AM
Del Rawlins

On 02 Nov 2003 12:07 PM, Dave Hyde posted the following:

Now all the minor milestones are out of the way.
The big one, the only one that really matters, is
yet to come. Taking what's left of the weekend off.
Medium speed taxi tests late this week.

I offer yet another well-deserved "congratulations!"

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old November 3rd 03, 07:09 AM
David O

Dave Hyde wrote:

After 1800 hours and 12 years RV-4 N416RV was inspected
today, and I have the airworthiness certificate in hand.
It was much less painful than I expected :-)

Congrats, Dave.

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com

Old November 3rd 03, 12:34 PM
Eric Miller

"Dave Hyde" wrote
in message ...
After 1800 hours and 12 years RV-4 N416RV was inspected
today, and I have the airworthiness certificate in hand.

A huge congratulations, Dave!

Let us know how the flight testing goes!

Eric

Old November 3rd 03, 12:43 PM
Larry Smith

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message
[...]

Wonderful airplane. Good solid investment too. We have one here and I
drool every time it goes by. This one doesn't have rudder pedals in the
rear seat.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !