Canadian Charts

Old July 20th 04, 10:10 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:54:38 GMT, "Icebound"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote

My problem is the IAP charts.

Single-copy (non-subscription) sets for any one of the 6 areas, sell for
only 20 bucks Canadian.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2E3659D8

Thank you for that link. I see that subscription sets are also available,
but I'm not sure how the handling charge is computed. But I will check it
out when my JeppView subscription expires.

It will certainly be MUCH less expensive.

Old July 21st 04, 12:01 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Ron Rosenfeld said:
Thank you for that link. I see that subscription sets are also available,
but I'm not sure how the handling charge is computed. But I will check it
out when my JeppView subscription expires.

A year subscription for the Canada Flight Supplement, one en-route chart,
the Toronto VNC (sectional) and the CAP-4 (approach plates for Ontario)
costs me about $200 CDN including shipping.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The implication of the camel on the front of the Perl book is, I think, quite
Old July 21st 04, 02:51 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:01:12 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, Ron Rosenfeld said:
Thank you for that link. I see that subscription sets are also available,
but I'm not sure how the handling charge is computed. But I will check it
out when my JeppView subscription expires.

A year subscription for the Canada Flight Supplement, one en-route chart,
the Toronto VNC (sectional) and the CAP-4 (approach plates for Ontario)
costs me about $200 CDN including shipping.

All I will require will be the CAP7 and CAP5 subscriptions. On the
NAVCANADA site they are $45C each. There is also a $30C handling charge
but it's not clear if it's for each subscription or just once for the
order.

On the VIP site, the subscription price is not listed.

Old July 21st 04, 03:08 AM
Paul Tomblin

Tomblin) wrote:
A year subscription for the Canada Flight Supplement, one en-route chart,
the Toronto VNC (sectional) and the CAP-4 (approach plates for Ontario)
costs me about $200 CDN including shipping.

All I will require will be the CAP7 and CAP5 subscriptions. On the
NAVCANADA site they are $45C each. There is also a $30C handling charge
but it's not clear if it's for each subscription or just once for the
order.

It's $30 for the whole subscription. To break down what I pay, it's $99
for a year's worth of CFS, $45 for a year's worth of CAP-4, $12 for a
year's worth of the low altitude en-route, $12 for a year's worth the
Terminal Area Charts, and $35 service charge for a total of $203 CDN. I
forgot, I don't subscribe to the VNC because it doesn't change on a
regular schedule.

I usually get my Canadian charts a few days before the delivery of my US
charts from Airways.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happens to be is like
Old July 21st 04, 12:50 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:08:25 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Tomblin) wrote:

It's $30 for the whole subscription. To break down what I pay, it's $99
for a year's worth of CFS, $45 for a year's worth of CAP-4, $12 for a
year's worth of the low altitude en-route, $12 for a year's worth the
Terminal Area Charts, and $35 service charge for a total of $203 CDN.

Thanks for that info.

So for what I will need it looks like $45 x2 + $35 or $125 CDN.

Again, for where I'd be flying, my US enroute charts will cover the area.

Old July 21st 04, 02:52 PM
Paul Tomblin

Tomblin) wrote:
It's $30 for the whole subscription. To break down what I pay, it's $99
for a year's worth of CFS, $45 for a year's worth of CAP-4, $12 for a
year's worth of the low altitude en-route, $12 for a year's worth the
Terminal Area Charts, and $35 service charge for a total of $203 CDN.

Thanks for that info.

So for what I will need it looks like $45 x2 + $35 or $125 CDN.

Again, for where I'd be flying, my US enroute charts will cover the area.

If you're going to be doing approaches anywhere near the covered airports,
you might want the Terminal Area Chart as well. It's one chart, and it
covers Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Thunder
Bay, Windsor, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Moncton, Halifax, Gander,
and Keflavik (yes, really). It will show you the navaids and fixes around
each coverage area in greater detail.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Hardware, n.:
Old July 21st 04, 08:57 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:52:49 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Tomblin) wrote:

If you're going to be doing approaches anywhere near the covered airports,
you might want the Terminal Area Chart as well. It's one chart, and it
covers Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Thunder
Bay, Windsor, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Moncton, Halifax, Gander,
and Keflavik (yes, really). It will show you the navaids and fixes around
each coverage area in greater detail.

I will keep that in mind.

Old July 22nd 04, 04:07 AM
andrew m. boardman

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
I too checked around and found http://www.vippilot.com/ to be the
cheapest.

I've done a bunch of business with them, and service has been
consistently excellent as well. Highly recommended, mail-order or in
person.