Quick post during commercials.

Old July 7th 03, 04:05 AM
Jinxx1

Default Quick post during commercials.

Anyone watching "Mail Call: Live From The Gulf" with R. Lee Ermey on the
History Channel? Awesome stuff!

He's talking about mail delivery to troops right now. Challenging logisitcs
involved. Neat stuff alright.

CB

Old July 7th 03, 04:08 AM
Bill Silvey

"Jinxx1" wrote in message

Anyone watching "Mail Call: Live From The Gulf" with R. Lee Ermey on
the

History Channel? Awesome stuff!

He's talking about mail delivery to troops right now. Challenging
logisitcs involved. Neat stuff alright.

CB

I think there's a live chat at historychannel.com starting up momentarily.

Watching the stuff on UXB/O was pretty cool. I just knew he'd find a way to
kill yet another watermelon! :-)

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old July 7th 03, 04:35 AM
Jughead

"Bill Silvey" wrote in news:2G4Oa.37479
:

Anyone watching "Mail Call: Live From The Gulf" with R. Lee Ermey on the
History Channel? Awesome stuff!

I caught the tail end of it myself. I think I tuned in at the point they
were talking about the CH-53 requiring 18 man hours of maintenance for
every 1 hour of flight. Wish I would have tuned in earlier.
Old July 7th 03, 05:19 AM
Bill Silvey

"Jughead" wrote in message
1.230
"Bill Silvey" wrote in news:2G4Oa.37479
:

Anyone watching "Mail Call: Live From The Gulf" with R. Lee Ermey on
the History Channel? Awesome stuff!

I caught the tail end of it myself. I think I tuned in at the point
they were talking about the CH-53 requiring 18 man hours of
maintenance for every 1 hour of flight. Wish I would have tuned in
earlier.

They covered the USAF air rescue forces, talked about MOPP protection and
chemical contamination cleanup, logistics trains, carrier deck air ops, mail
delivery logistics, front-line housing logistics and UXB disposal.

I'm sure they'll re-run the tape of it. It was "live" (the host segments),
but pretty well rehearsed. Also, R. Lee said he'd be taking a week off to
go from the jump-off camp he was at in Kuwait all the way to Baghdad, so I'm
sure they'll be filming for another broadcast all the way along.

Old July 7th 03, 10:37 PM
Squeegee

"Bill Silvey" wrote in message om...
"Jughead" wrote in message
1.230
[...]

Anyone catch what units the Marines in the background where from? The CO
of MAG-39 was talking with the Gunny for a few moments and I did see the
numbers "371" on the side of a HMMWV (Humvee) in the background. If so,
then many of the Marines in the background are with MWSS-371 who are
based out of MCAS Yuma, AZ. It's a squadron I was stationed with during
the early 90's and the last war.

Just trying to double check to see if it was "371" that I noticed on the
door of the HMMWV.
Old July 7th 03, 11:00 PM
Bill Silvey

"Squeegee" wrote in message
"Bill Silvey" wrote in message
om...
"Jughead" wrote in message
1.230
[...]

Sorry; I've been sick as a dog so I missed lots of details like that (I was
trying to focus but...)