A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

Old April 22nd 05, 07:32 AM
Nigel

Default A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site
nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was told
you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.

At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called
www.modelbits.com and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a
look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.

I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can see
things are actually being updated - wow what a concept

To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head
links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he managed
to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Old April 22nd 05, 03:27 PM
Blanche

Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
has the same DNS as the website.

Old April 22nd 05, 04:30 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Blanche said:
Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
has the same DNS as the website.

Funny how it always works out that way, eh? You'd think that these idiots
would think to post from a fake email address using google groups or
something, wouldn't you?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"But you've got to hand it to IBM, they know how to design hardware. The
Old April 22nd 05, 04:54 PM
Steve Foley

Dear Mr. Spammer,

Just for fun I looked at your site. As this is an aviation piloting group, I
hoped to find headsets, GPS receivers, and a few handheld radios.

All I could find were toys.

I even asked my 11 year old for help, but all he could find were toys. He
was pretty disappointed too.

Old April 22nd 05, 10:04 PM
Nigel

Hi Steve,

Sorry about that, I was trying a little self site promotion and got it all a
bit wrong. Need to stick to site design and retailing I think. The reason
behind ppsting in this group was I have a few pilot friends that fly our of
Hurn airport in Bournemouth that are also model flyers and I thought you
might be interested.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Nigel.

Old April 22nd 05, 11:13 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, Blanche said:
Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
has the same DNS as the website.

Funny how it always works out that way, eh? You'd think that these idiots
would think to post from a fake email address using google groups or
something, wouldn't you?

They are counting on the stupidity of others. If someone is smart enough
not to be fooled by the spamming scum, then that someone is probably
smart enough not to buy from the spamming scum.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old April 23rd 05, 01:18 AM
Matt Barrow

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi Steve,

Sorry about that, I was trying a little self site promotion and got it all

bit wrong. Need to stick to site design and retailing I think. The reason
behind ppsting in this group was I have a few pilot friends that fly our

of
Hurn airport in Bournemouth that are also model flyers and I thought you
might be interested.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

It's not so much inconvenience, but you misrepresented yourself.

That brings in serious questions about your integrity as a businessman.