GP940 failed.. how to feed GPS input to Zander computers

Old March 9th 18, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GP940 failed.. how to feed GPS input to Zander computers

Dear all,

has anybody any ideas how to feed GPS nmea input to a Zander computer? I have both an SR940 and a ZS1 available, but since yesterday no more GP941 logger (security seal failed, no GPS data on the computer).

I know the 940 and the ZS1 require a special protocol/format for the GPS input but I found no public descriptions how it works.

Poeschl will be able to supply an "NMEA adapter box", but that will only come very late in April, and the soaring season has just begun here in Italy.

thanks!

Aldo Cernezzi
(old gliding computer fan)
Old March 11th 18, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dear Dave,
thank you very much! If I won't succeed with my attempts, I'll gladly accept your proposals. I will let you know.

All the best,
Aldo

Zander 941 John Sullivan Soaring 6 May 29th 15 03:52 PM
Zander 940/941 or ZS-1 Flight Computers??? Tim[_2_] Soaring 8 August 10th 08 10:01 PM
Zander flight computers rhwoody Soaring 0 May 7th 08 04:30 AM
Zander 820 [email protected] Soaring 1 June 11th 05 07:44 PM
New Zander SDI jsullivan Soaring 1 February 17th 04 07:57 PM