tube and fabric and outdoor storage

Old June 2nd 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

Default tube and fabric and outdoor storage

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...

That's pretty close to what I'm paying on the ground under my hanger on an
airport with 2 fully paved runways, several paved taxi ways (including the
one I'm on), ILS and other approaches and access to water & electric.

The only down side is, well, you have to live in South Arkansas.

Hardly a down side if you appreciate the truly finer things, like peace,
quiet, low traffic.

Old June 2nd 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

That's pretty close to what I'm paying on the ground under my hanger on an
airport with 2 fully paved runways, several paved taxi ways (including the
one I'm on), ILS and other approaches and access to water & electric.

The only down side is, well, you have to live in South Arkansas.

Hardly a down side if you appreciate the truly finer things, like peace,
quiet, low traffic.

I have to agree, I've been looking around the county to see the cost
of living differences,
and southern Arkansas and northern Texas have some great communities
for early retirement.
Lou
Old June 2nd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jun 1, 11:43 pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in messagenews:386dnUZHy4m59N3VnZ2dnUVZ_sDinZ2d@super news.com...

That's pretty close to what I'm paying on the ground under my hanger on an
airport with 2 fully paved runways, several paved taxi ways (including the
one I'm on), ILS and other approaches and access to water & electric.

The only down side is, well, you have to live in South Arkansas.

Hardly a down side if you appreciate the truly finer things, like peace,
quiet, low traffic.

Affordable hangarage usually has its other costs. If it's
cheap, it's usually because there's little demand. I live in a town of
3300 or so, and manage the local one-runway uncontrolled airport. I
have an old, beat-up hangar that I paid $1000 for, and it costs $200
per year for the land lease and around $80 in taxes. It works to keep
the weather and curious fingers off the airplane, though I did have to
spend some money on paint and roofing. We have more land available for
more hangars, and as the town grows and folks in the cities an hour
away get pushed off their airports the demand will rise, along with
prices. Outside tiedown here has been free until this summer, when
it'll start costing $75 per year. Got to cover the costs of snow
removal and grass cutting and aging lighting systems and so forth.
Oh, and the weather here is often brutal in the winter. Not a
place that many want to retire to unless they're too old to go outside
much. Nice in the summer, though.

Dan
Old June 2nd 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

On Jun 2, 9:23 am, wrote:
[...]

Although where I fly out of isn't as inexpensive (notice I didn't say
cheap?), it sounds
very much like my airport. And no, I wouldn't retire to this place,
but I'm starting
to look around.
Lou