Different aircraft design.

Old June 3rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bizguy

Default Different aircraft design.

I apologize if this is too far off topic as this is not a homebuilt
for sure. Useful for education. It is interesting in the design and
efficiency of operation. I am surprised that it has not made the
commercial market place with our increasing fuel costs.

http://www.ekip-aviation-concern.com/

Harold Hoffmann
Old June 3rd 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

I really wish this thing could fly if for no other reason than it would
freak out the UFO nuts.

Old June 3rd 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Jun 3, 1:30*pm, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
I really wish this thing could fly if for no other reason than it would
freak out the UFO nuts.

Oh, I'm sure it could be made to fly. I consider it very, very
unlikely to meet their extrordinary claims, but with enough power it
could be gotten off the ground.
Old June 4th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Big John

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:46:51 -0700 (PDT), bizguy
wrote:

I apologize if this is too far off topic as this is not a homebuilt
for sure. Useful for education. It is interesting in the design and
efficiency of operation. I am surprised that it has not made the
commercial market place with our increasing fuel costs.

http://www.ekip-aviation-concern.com/

Harold Hoffmann

I built a gas powered radio controlled model airplane of somewhat
similar shape for my son in law who wanted to build a home built
(flying saucer).

I found that it was only stable in pitch when it had a positive angle
of attack. If I increased speed and flattened the AOA out I reached a
point where it would tuck very rapidly and go ape. Suffice to say, my
son in law did not build it as a man carrying vehicle.

All of that being said, it might be possible to use flyby wire and
computer (like F-16) and fly it on the edge of tuck???? and not with a
high AOA and high drag associated with the high AOA???

Big John
Old June 4th 08, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Henry[_2_]

It is interesting in the design and
efficiency of operation. I am surprised that it has not made the
commercial market place with our increasing fuel costs.

At first glance this looks like it's based on similar principles to the
Blended Wing Body (BWB) which is currently being investigated by NASA
and numerous major aircraft manufacturers (although it is less "blended"
than a BWB).

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/aeronauti.../bwb_main.html
Old June 5th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

Um,, , , , Bob, , , ,, it has (I'm pretty sure) been proven that given
enough thrust, even pigs will fly.

Flash

Old June 6th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Congratulations Big John,

You've just discovered the rigid-wing equivilant of a luff-dive. Dunno
what that is? Just try pitching down with a standard Regallo wing.
You'll figure it out really quick... if you don't hit the ground
first.

Harry 'been there-done that" Frey
former bamboo & plastic Regallo aviator