Wheel pants

Old September 16th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Wheel pants

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote in message
Bob F. wrote:
OK people. It's your check ride day and you finish your groundwork. The
examiner is coming out to you, approaches the airplane and says "I see
there are no wheel pants on this airplane. What notations, and where, if
any are required to fly this plane legally regarding this?" What do you
say?

Airplanes are not required to have wheelpants. Many were sold without
them.
I'd ask the examiner why he assumes there should be notations about the
absence of wheelpants.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

The 1980 Skyhawk and 1978 Cessna 152 handbooks, in the comprehensive list of
available equipment, both give the weights and stations of the wheel pants
if installed--with the a reminder note at the beginning of the section
regarding the specific list for the particular airplane.

I would presume that such a question would be asked to determine that the
applicant understands that there is a list of installed equipment included
for the particular airplane, which is to be carried in the airplane; and the
absence of wheel pants which were included on said list, and/or thier
carriage in the cargo area, must be made part of the weight and balance
calculations for the particular flight.

Clearly, therefore, the answer is that wheel pants are (or are not) part of
the basic empty weight shown of the equipment list for that aircraft; and
that the notations (if different) are shown on the weight and balance for
the flight.

Peter

Old September 16th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 16, 9:24 am, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote:
Bob F. wrote:
OK people. It's your check ride day and you finish your groundwork. The examiner is coming out to you, approaches the airplane and says "I see there are no wheel pants on this airplane. What notations, and where, if any are required to fly this plane legally regarding this?" What do you say?

Airplanes are not required to have wheelpants. Many were sold without them.
I'd ask the examiner why he assumes there should be notations about the
absence of wheelpants.

So would I but only after I questioned his accreditation.
Old September 16th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:58:51 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:

OK people. *It's your check ride day and you finish your groundwork. *
The examiner is coming out to you, approaches the airplane and says
"I see there are no wheel pants on this airplane.

Was the plane type certified without wheel paints? If the paints came
with the plane than you may not be in compliance with your
certificate. If not then an A&P notation in the logs is required along
with the statement "W&B change negaligable" or a new W&B. I don't
recall if wheel paint R&R is covered in preventative maintenance but
if it is, and its your plane, you may be able to make the notation.

Paints or pants?
Old September 16th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Sep 15, 2:20*pm, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

* Was the lighter listed as required equipment on the equipment list or TCDS?
My airplane was certified with 4 ashtrays, but they're not required equipment.

My CFI said lighters are on the equipment list. Sure enough when I
went home and looked at the equipment list of my airplane he was
right, its right there. To change the equipment list you need an log
entry.

-Robert

Wheel Pants Weight Patrick Owning 5 June 17th 04 06:40 AM
Skylane wheel pants GFC General Aviation 0 March 15th 04 01:38 AM
Skylane wheel pants GFC Owning 0 March 15th 04 01:38 AM
Skylane wheel pants GFC Products 0 March 15th 04 01:38 AM
Wheel pants for 6.00 x 6 wheel/tire Wallace Berry Home Built 2 January 23rd 04 04:22 AM