LX20 Firmware Problem

Old July 24th 03, 07:35 AM
Bruce Greeff

Default LX20 Firmware Problem

I have a LX20 that was running very old firmware. The factory very
helpfully provided me with the firmware upgrade to V5.21.
Installed the firmware and everything appears to be working 100%. Of
course I can't pick up the satelites inside the concrete building I work
in so we will see how it works later.

Ahem - Put LX20 in glider, and get "GPS BAD" on status.

Factory has not responded to my query so the question becomes.
Is this a known problem with older LX20s on new firmware?
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Is there a way to revert to the older firmware to test this? I was on
V3.1 before.

Old July 24th 03, 09:36 AM
Jasper Grannetia

Hi Bruce,

I switched from 3.1 to 5.11 last year without a hitch. I do remember that
5.2 had some problems, but I didn't look into the matter closely...

Tried another antenna yet?

Good luck!

Jasper

Old July 24th 03, 10:56 AM
Bruce Greeff

Hi Jasper

The factory came back to me with a procedure to reset the GPS engine.
Aparently on some of the Motorola engines it has difficulty deciding
which engine to select when the EEPROM is initialised. Took two attempts
but the "GPS 2D" indicator is on again. The weekend is looking better
already.

Just a note - I have had excellent service from LX Navigation on the LX20.

They just took two days to come back on this one and I got impatient.

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Home Built 78 December 3rd 03 09:10 PM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Owning 77 December 3rd 03 09:10 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 05:29 PM
Cambridge 302 problem: "Could not get FAT.(A)" while trying to download flight logs Jason Armistead Soaring 5 July 13th 03 02:36 PM